Microsoft Defender for Android Company Owned Work Profile

Contributor

Hi,

I'm testing Android Enterprise with company owned with work profile. Install instructions have this statement "Currently, Personally-owned devices with work profile and Corporate-owned fully managed user device enrollments are supported in Android Enterprise. Support for other Android Enterprise modes will be announced when ready."

Does this mean we can deploy MDE to Android Enterprise Devices which are corporate owned but have work profile? Do they have to be fully managed?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/security/defender-endpoint/microsoft-defender-endpoin...

3 Replies
Thanks for submitting this question. Let me look into this issue for you. Will reply soon.
Clarifications available for the terms and scenarios? Like that the modes are supported but for example Antiphishing is available only on Dedicated?

@Aragorn According to MS article it's enabled in preview just for BYOD enrolled not also COPE, not ETA yet for COPE. I did test it today and got the below error, even if the Defender was properly setup in Work profile already

Defender.JPG