Microsoft Secure Tech Accelerator
Apr 03 2024, 07:00 AM - 11:00 AM (PDT)
Microsoft Tech Community
SOLVED

Microsoft Defender ATP in Endpoint Security- Unavailable

Iron Contributor

Hello

On my Endpoint Security window https://devicemanagement.microsoft.com/ on Microsoft Defender ATP, the connection status is "unavailable". I checked defender ATP intune settings under securitycenter.windows.com and it is turned on already. Tried turning it off and on again after few minutes waiting, but the status is still the same. Has anyone come across such issues and found a fix for this?

My main concern is about applying the security baseline for defender ATP is not applying to any onboarded machine. My assumption is it is not happening due to the connectivity issues between defender ATP and intune. Please help

clipboard_image_0.png

1 Reply
best response confirmed by Ambarish RH (Iron Contributor)
Solution

Looks like I found the fix! :)

I disabled the Intune connection from Defender ATP admin center (securitycenter.windows.com) and waited for some time. Then went back to Endpoint security and clicked on Microsoft Defender ATP option. From there, I could see an option to delete the connector now and I deleted.

clipboard_image_1.png

Then went back to security center and enabled intune again.

Back in Endpoint security, I was now able to set the connection again, and enable it.

clipboard_image_2.png

clipboard_image_3.png

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Ambarish RH (Iron Contributor)
Solution

Looks like I found the fix! :)

I disabled the Intune connection from Defender ATP admin center (securitycenter.windows.com) and waited for some time. Then went back to Endpoint security and clicked on Microsoft Defender ATP option. From there, I could see an option to delete the connector now and I deleted.

clipboard_image_1.png

Then went back to security center and enabled intune again.

Back in Endpoint security, I was now able to set the connection again, and enable it.

clipboard_image_2.png

clipboard_image_3.png

View solution in original post