Microsoft 365 Defender - Surface Hub Onboarding from Intune

Iron Contributor

I have an issue during onboarding of Surface Hubs to Defender. The Surface Hub is enrolled in Intune. The Surface Hub is also visible in Defender (I assume because of Device Discovery), but the Onboarding Status is "Can be onboarded":

Kiril_2-1666714758607.png

I created an "Endpoint detection and response" profile, which gives me the following error on the surface hub (Onboarding blob from Connector Error 65000):

Kiril_0-1666714559204.png

More specific (Error type 2):

Kiril_1-1666714594152.png

How can I get the Surface hub in Microsoft Defender?

2 Replies

@Kiril - Did you ever find a solution for this issue?  I am seeing the same problem.

No, unfortunately not. Microsoft Support pushed the ticket a few times between Surface Hub business support and Microsoft Defender support, until it was closed because it is how it is. You just enable Defender on the Surface hub and ignore the device in Microsoft Defender. I don't know if something changed in the meantime. Just checked Microsoft Defender and our Surface Hubs are still displayed as "Can be onboarded", and under "Security recommendations" there's an entry saying "Onboard devices to Microsoft Defender for Endpoint".