How do I enrol devices to Endpoint that are already Azure AD joined?

Copper Contributor

We have just upgraded from M365 Business Standard to Premium. It's a massive learning curve, not least because most of the help on Endpoint caters for those on E5 licences, not lowly Business ones and it's not helping that MS are in the middle or renaming everything. Lots and lots of questions on all sorts of things but I'll start here. 

We have a bunch of PCs already connected via Azure AD. I've created a Security group assigned the users with the Premium licences Setup up an MSDE profile and Intune data collection policy linked to it. 

So far so good but now I need to know the steps involved to enrol devices that are already set up with Azure AD to Endpoint Manager. 

How exactly is this done?
Can I force enrolment remotely?
Will getting someone to simply sign out and sign back in work or do I need to get each user to log into the MDM enrolment site or download a separate app or something?

Ideally, I just want to enrol all the previously Azure AD joined devices automatically but I can't see how to do that. 

4 Replies

@ChristianJBergstrom 

So sorry but this is the method for automatically adding new devices that don't already have an AzureAD join. It doesn't work on those devices already regsitered with AzureAD.

My bad, read too fast. Use the above method ☺️

On the topic https://call4cloud.nl/2020/05/intune-auto-mdm-enrollment-for-devices-already-azure-ad-joined/