SOLVED

device misconfiguration issue ( Impaired communications No sensor data )

Copper Contributor

Hi all,

having issue in MDE  environment where many of my devices ( around 150 ) in environment showing misconfigured , their health status showing impaired communication , No Sensor Data . 

i have gone through troubleshooting docs , that points to run client analyzer on machine. 

as no of devices are many , 

looking for suggestions.

2 Replies
We're having this problem too. Approximately 40% of the environment. Defender is still running locally, but not responding back to the portal (meaning no alerts). Had a support ticket open over a week and not getting anywhere with that.
best response confirmed by Victor1989 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Have you run the MDECLient analyzer at all ? Even on a few ?

It will be the first thing MS ask you to do on any case , and really helps pinning these issues down. More often than not it is a Firewall rule problem in my experience, they need A LOT of rules, and really important, no HTTPS inspection on many of them. That breaks all sort of communications.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Victor1989 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Have you run the MDECLient analyzer at all ? Even on a few ?

It will be the first thing MS ask you to do on any case , and really helps pinning these issues down. More often than not it is a Firewall rule problem in my experience, they need A LOT of rules, and really important, no HTTPS inspection on many of them. That breaks all sort of communications.

View solution in original post