SOLVED

Defender For Endpoint P1 And P2 Can Onboard Windows Server On-Prim ?

Copper Contributor

I tried running local Script for On-Board but it works it's add on centralization management and can protect like End-point machine too but I see many Microsoft document says it doesn't support for Windows Server which if you want to use it, you have to use  Defender for cloud. P1 and P2 which is a service on Azure only, please confirm for meIt's a side hammer that would be extremely confusing. 

This is My Lic Defender for-endpoint P2 

namlovely2011_0-1676452606971.png

local Script can Be on board Windows Server 

namlovely2011_1-1676452737367.png

Can Working on centralization management :facepalm:

namlovely2011_0-1676453366539.png

Document Not Support ? 

Ref: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/security/defender-endpoint/defender-endpoint-plan-1-... 

namlovely2011_1-1676453483936.png

2 Replies
best response confirmed by namlovely2011 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Hi,
Defender for Endpoint licenses is designed to Endpoint Devices only (Workstation + Mobile).
As you can see in the attached picture you can implement it like you did but it is not license compliant.

If you want deploy Defender For Servers you should use Defender for Cloud for Servers.

@P4tr8k i also have the same question, also how the licence can be affected to servers? there is no visibility even if i buy defender for endpoinjt for server? there is alot of consufion

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by namlovely2011 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Hi,
Defender for Endpoint licenses is designed to Endpoint Devices only (Workstation + Mobile).
As you can see in the attached picture you can implement it like you did but it is not license compliant.

If you want deploy Defender For Servers you should use Defender for Cloud for Servers.

View solution in original post