SOLVED

Defender for Endpoint connection to Intune failure

Copper Contributor

I'm having strange problems with setting up MDE and specially the connection to to Intune.

  1. In the Defender portal under Settings > Endpoints > Advanced features, the Microsoft Intune connection seems to be setup but is greyed out:
    Marteng_1-1711819135968.png
  2. When I try to set the Enforcement scope under Settings > Endpoints > Configuration management > Enforcement scope, I get the strange message "Oops! Something went wrong!" and nothing happens
    Marteng_2-1711819308331.png
  3. In the Intune admin center, under Endpoint security, the Defender for Endpoint Connector Status is showed as "not set up":
    Marteng_0-1711818899545.png

Al in all, the MDE-Intune connection seems to be somehow corrupt. Also I already onboarded MDE on 2 Windows 11 machines, but they don't show up in the Defender portal. I'm not even getting the Assets > Endpoints section.

 

How can I delete and re-setup the MDE-Intune connection? Or can I do kind of a "master reset" of the whole MDE environment? Or any hints on further troubleshooting this?

 

4 Replies
Do you have the right permissions and licences to do the configuration? If yes, then you may have to open a case from Defender portal to have this fixed from the backend.
Thank you for the response. Yes, licenses are okay (MDE p2, Intune) and I even temporary got the roles Security Admin and Intune Admin besides the Global Admin...

What is the status for the connector in Intune? Look under Tenant>Connectors. Does it give you the option to delete it?

best response confirmed by Marteng (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Yeppee ki-yay...! :)
After giving it all a rest for 24 hours, it seems it came all back to normal. I also opened a case from the Defender portal yesterday and maybe MS has fixed something at the backend. Don't know, don't mind, I'm happy it works again.
Thank you for the help rahuljindal
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Marteng (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Yeppee ki-yay...! :)
After giving it all a rest for 24 hours, it seems it came all back to normal. I also opened a case from the Defender portal yesterday and maybe MS has fixed something at the backend. Don't know, don't mind, I'm happy it works again.
Thank you for the help rahuljindal

View solution in original post