Microsoft Secure Tech Accelerator
Apr 03 2024, 07:00 AM - 11:00 AM (PDT)
Microsoft Tech Community

Defender ATP Support

Brass Contributor

I'm disappointed, but not surprised, to find that the support experience for the Defender ATP product has not improved in the last 6 months.  I would seriously urge caution to anyone taking a look at this product that expects to operate without a costly "Premier" support contract, which depending on your organization's size may be unattainable no matter how deep your pockets.  The "Professional" support is anything but.

I currently find myself waiting for the initial callback after a case was opened (as a transfer from the Intune team, who is quite responsive by comparison) on Thursday last week.  It was opened as a severity rating C with an expected response time of 8 hours, but it's Monday and I've not heard a thing.  The most infuriating part of it all is the total absence of contact info for me to proactively engage with the support team.  My only choice is to sit.  And wait.

2 Replies
Did you purchase your licenses through a CSP? If so, can you ask your rep to escalate the case for you?

@Joe Stern We did, but historically they haven't been able to help us much there without opening a Premier support ticket.

The good news is I've heard back from ATP support at this point and they claim to have escalated the issue as of yesterday. Not sure that it actually means much, but hopefully we'll get somewhere.