ASR rule - Block persistence through WMI event subscription

Copper Contributor

Hi, 

I have a question on ASR rules. In the Security and Compliance - Reports section there is a nice overview of the rules with status of audit / blocked / not present etc. For 14 out of the 15 ASR rules. 

"Block persistence through WMI event subscription" is not present in the list. I was wondering what the reason for this is. Microsoft provides some telemetry data for how many devices that could have this rule implemented without impacting user productivity - but I'm not seeing it when enabled in audit mode anywhere? Does anyone have any information on this? I have a Windows versions that should be compatible with the rule according to the docs.  

Thanks, 

3 Replies

Audit mode works for that specific rule - it's not clear if that is the answer to your question though.....

0= Disable

1=Enabled/Block

2= Audit mode

@Vytas_Boyev 

Hi and thank you. 

My question is more on after audit mode is enabled, where can I see the number of events generated ?

"security.microsoft.com/reports" provides a nice overview of many of the ASR rules, but not not for "Block persistence through WMI event subscription". So how can I use the audit mode to evaluate the impact is my question :). 

@sintra3000 That rule should audit in that portal as well - just yesterday saw this rule firing audits there. If it isn't - I would think that may be cause for a support ticket.