Microsoft Secure Tech Accelerator
Apr 03 2024, 07:00 AM - 11:00 AM (PDT)
Microsoft Tech Community

Workspace requires upgrade to add non-azure servers

Copper Contributor

I'm trying to onboard my onprem windows servers to defender for cloud but when I click the button to "add non-azure servers", the next screen shows my workspaces but they have a button to "upgrade" before I can select them.  

From researching I've determined my workspaces only allow Defender for Servers P2 @$15/server/month.  I only need P1 at roughly $5/server/month.  Can anyone assist me with figuring out why its forcing me to P2?

LS957458_0-1666897885191.png

3 Replies

@LS957458 after you do that, you should see another screen like this which allows you change plans

DeanGross_0-1667249981028.png

@Dean Gross  I so have that option on the subscription (which I set to plan 1) but when looking at the workspace underneath the subscription it only allows plan 2.  Do you know if billing will happen with the subscription settings or will workspace override and use plan 2?  I’ve attached a screenshot of the workspace defender plans.

I have the same as you do, but I have never noticed that before. It is my understanding that this plan is assigned to the servers so whatever you do there will be the basis for the cost. I think that there may be an inaccurate UI (I am seeing some other inconsistencies like this between MDC and Sentinel)