SOLVED

Pearson Vue - Video Upload to Google?

Brass Contributor
Hi,

Does any of you know if a Microsoft online exam run by Pearson VUE uploads the recorded video of the participant to a Google server?
I am asking because we received an alert in MCAS that around 500MB of data were uploaded to a Google server by a user that was participating in a Microsoft exam that lasted about an hour.

Thanks,
Andre
3 Replies
Which Google app did it specifically identify? If you look at the 'domain' property on the info tab of that app, you will see the specific URL patterns that it would have matched. Once you have that info, you must contact Pearson VUE to get an answer, as they control which cloud services their testing app will communicate with.
best response confirmed by JaredPoeppelman (Microsoft)
Solution
Thanks for the reply. I contacted Pearson VUE back in June and they were not really helpful providing me with any information about that. I eventually gave up as following up with them was pretty time-consuming.

Since then we've received more alerts in DFCA (previously known as MCAS) after our users took Microsoft exams through Pearson VUE. Hence, the video (and audio?) of the online exam is uploaded to storage in Pearson VUE's Google Cloud.
We also came across the same thing with MCAS with a few users. Anyone taking an exam with PV would get an alert the next day about data exfiltration to Google. I imagine it's hosted in google cloud as you say.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by JaredPoeppelman (Microsoft)
Solution
Thanks for the reply. I contacted Pearson VUE back in June and they were not really helpful providing me with any information about that. I eventually gave up as following up with them was pretty time-consuming.

Since then we've received more alerts in DFCA (previously known as MCAS) after our users took Microsoft exams through Pearson VUE. Hence, the video (and audio?) of the online exam is uploaded to storage in Pearson VUE's Google Cloud.

View solution in original post