SOLVED

New Preview Features - Tag app as "monitored"

Iron Contributor

I watched the excellent session from Alex Esibov at Ignite 2019 called - "THR2058 - Discover and control Shadow IT across your organization" 

https://myignite.techcommunity.microsoft.com/sessions/79741?source=sessions

Where can I find documentation in relation to the new features of Monitoring apps etc - I can see no mention of them in the existing documentation or release notes reflecting that these features are now actually in preview?

Is it private or public preview these features are in, and if it's public preview, when are they due to go live for preview users?

Thanks

Paul

2 Replies

Hey Paul, thanks for the kind words. Can you clarify the new features you're looking for and I'd be happy to point you in the right direction? Tagging apps as monitored (or any other tag) is generally available and can be done on any discovered app.

CC @Danny Kadyshevitch 

best response confirmed by PJR_CDF (Iron Contributor)
Solution

Hi @PJR_CDF,

The feature I believe you're talking about is what we call "User education" or "Break the glass" scenario.

With this feature, apps can be marked as "Monitored" using MCAS built-in app tag, and then on the the endpoint, when user will attempt accessing such app he'll be blocked with an option of bypass.

This feature will go to private preview right after holidays, and should be hopefully go out for public preview by EOM.

Thanks,

Danny.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by PJR_CDF (Iron Contributor)
Solution

Hi @PJR_CDF,

The feature I believe you're talking about is what we call "User education" or "Break the glass" scenario.

With this feature, apps can be marked as "Monitored" using MCAS built-in app tag, and then on the the endpoint, when user will attempt accessing such app he'll be blocked with an option of bypass.

This feature will go to private preview right after holidays, and should be hopefully go out for public preview by EOM.

Thanks,

Danny.

View solution in original post