SOLVED

Misconfiguration error message when setting auto-provision in Defender for Servers

Brass Contributor

I am receiving error message (Misconfiguration) when configuring auto provisioning  for servers.

Error message: Different configuration exist for virtual machines and Azure arc machines. Please select a single configuration to be applied on both source types

The environment has both Azure VMs and Azure Arc from On-premises servers

I cannot set the default agent or the default workspace as I receive the error message, what could be the cause of this conflict. (attached is error messages)

1 Reply
best response confirmed by BaselFawal (Brass Contributor)
Solution

The issue is resolved after changing from the default workspace to the dedicated one, it seems at the beginning we were not saving the changes the issue was the new GUI interface you have to remember to click Apply > then click Continue > then click on the Save on the third screen, for the new settings to apply

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by BaselFawal (Brass Contributor)
Solution

The issue is resolved after changing from the default workspace to the dedicated one, it seems at the beginning we were not saving the changes the issue was the new GUI interface you have to remember to click Apply > then click Continue > then click on the Save on the third screen, for the new settings to apply

View solution in original post