MDCA is not allowing Chrome Plugins

Copper Contributor

Hi All,

I have enabled MDCA for a Salesforce instance.

We were using a Chrome plugin called "Salesforce Inspector".

Plugin URL = https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/salesforce-inspector/aodjmnfhjibkcdimpodiifdjnnncaafh?hl=e... 

After enabling the MDCA policy on that instance, the plugin is not visible. Does MDCA block plugins? if yes, how can we allow the legitimate use of plugins on our instance? 

Also, does MDCA block CSRF? how can we allow trusted origins?

6 Replies
Conditional Access App Control works by proxying user connections to cloud apps (provided Azure AD is used for authentication) through the MDCA service, and then monitoring connections and applying policies to user sessions in real time. Because connections are proxied, rather than direct to the app, the policies defined can control – at a granular level – the functionality delivered to the end user.

Keep in mind that app control only works for web sessions, so if you want to ensure your cloud apps are secured, you might want to block desktop and mobile apps or manage them by using Endpoint Manager or other means.

@SABBIR_RUBAYAT 

Yes, the issue is only for Web Sessions, we do not have desktop or mobile apps.

The Chrome extensions ("Salesforce Inspector" is the plugin name) that work fine with Web Sessions without MDCA are not visible when we enable MDCA on Salesforce.

PFa screenshot.

@rdankhara123 yes MDCA can block . If MD blocks then you will find log

OKK
So my question is, how to stop it from getting blocked? Because we know the plugin is legit and we want users to use it without getting blocked.

@rdankhara123 

i have the same problem .... did you figure out the solution ?