Microsoft Secure Tech Accelerator
Apr 03 2024, 07:00 AM - 11:00 AM (PDT)
Microsoft Tech Community
SOLVED

Is it ok to remove azure default initiative and use the azure benchmark?

Copper Contributor

Hi All,

We have an issue using both initiatives from the security center since both show the same recommendations. 

So we got the idea to use the azure benchmark as a policy initiative. WDYT?

4 Replies
Absolutely possible if ASB fits your needs better.
Do u think it better to separate the initiative such as 1 initiative based on ASB only for k8s. and another for infrastructure. WDYT?
best response confirmed by ShihanSuhail (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Initiatives are great for applying and managing policies at scale and I always recommend my customers to group policies based on the "intent". The way you group your policies to initiatives has also an impact on reporting (how you see your compliance in the Compliance blade/view).

You should think about your Azure environment and what "standard" you want to apply where and how easy it is to eventually add/remove policies from initiatives, change assignments, etc.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ShihanSuhail (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Initiatives are great for applying and managing policies at scale and I always recommend my customers to group policies based on the "intent". The way you group your policies to initiatives has also an impact on reporting (how you see your compliance in the Compliance blade/view).

You should think about your Azure environment and what "standard" you want to apply where and how easy it is to eventually add/remove policies from initiatives, change assignments, etc.

View solution in original post