Microsoft Secure Tech Accelerator
Apr 03 2024, 07:00 AM - 11:00 AM (PDT)
Microsoft Tech Community

How to use Defender for Cloud App with cost optimization for both environment ( Dev and Prod )

Copper Contributor

Hi All,

I have two subscriptions 1. Development and 2. Production. In the Dev subscription, I have a lot of resources like about 20 storage accounts and 12 app service plans and 4 Azure SQL and etc. 

As you know, Defender for Cloud is subscription level, therefor If I enable it on a Dev subscription the cost should be more expensive. But in the Prod environment, I will enable Defender for Prod's resources.

Now, I want to know how can I use Defender for Dev's resources with minimum cost or what's the best solution or best practice for this issue.

My idea is to use Prod security recommendations for the same resources in the Dev environment. Is there another idea?

1 Reply

@mohsen_akhavan you can use the price estimator workbook when you activate cloud defender for your dev subscription and in that way, you can estimate your monthly spending for this subscription 

dfc-workbook.png

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily.