FTPS should be required in Function apps

Iron Contributor

We have Deltek Vantage application and it is showing that we enable the FTPS on this and also SSL on this function app. We are reluctant to enable this unless we understand what would be the consequences or what it would break? As, we would like to know whether enabling the SSL or FTPS would cause incoming traffic to fail or secure ftp protcol if the client tries to upload a ftp file. I am not sure whether there is a FTP service that is being used, but is this something that will show up only if there is FTP right asking us to enable FTPS? 

2 Replies
Thank you for your question.
HTTP and FTP are considered insecure protocols since data goes in clear and susceptible to eavesdropping. Its highly recommended to enable secure versions of those protocols but you probably need to check with developers in charge of your app if they support them (its 2022 i would be very surprised if they don't.
Stanislav

Thanks for the response. I am aware of secure mode. But, by default the servers are configured using SSL and it is connected through HTTPS. So, why would you enable https on the Azure side or FTPS? for that matter.

This is something I am not able to follow.