Microsoft Secure Tech Accelerator
Apr 03 2024, 07:00 AM - 11:00 AM (PDT)
Microsoft Tech Community

Executive Report by Api and/or Progammatically ?

Copper Contributor

Hello,

Is it possible to have non-portal access to the executive Report Discovery either :

- Via Api (requests to be made but do you have the endpoint)? Or Graph Explorer ?
- Via Module Posh or Azcli ? Is there already a module or an existing function ?

Thank you and have a great day.

5 Replies

@Franck-amc this currently doesn't exist today. Is the idea that you want to automate these reports to provide to c-levels through some kind of mechanism like Power BI?

Thanks Keith, This is unfortunately what I thought and having searched everywhere I had really seen nothing on this subject which is moreover strange that nobody is more asked or seen than that? Anyway, that being said I suspect that things could come from the Pbi side but it's not the same (as a processing or mechanism) as simply having access to a clean and closed PDF file if I may say so and which is more than efficient month after month when everything is well configured.

So to do it manually in a CI/CD world knowing that all the mechanism to generate it exists is a shame just a get in a good Graph API and it would be done. But I understand that the priorities of some are not those of others and vice versa. I will find another way to get it anyway ;)

Thanks again and have a nice day.

@Franck-amc we are currently working on exposing the information from discovered apps via Graph API, so while we don't have it today, we are planning previews available for this next year.

@Keith_Fleming Hi. Do you have a timeline for this feature? We too would be interested in using it.  API access via PowerBI may be a little overkill for our use case, but we can do so if that is the only way to automate retrieval of the data. Having the ability to schedule generation of the report and selecting email recipients would be simpler.

@bertybert it’s tentatively planned for this year but timelines can shift.

If your interested in following and getting early access I would recommend joining CCP.

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/security-compliance-and-identity/the-new-microsoft-security-c...