Compliance Over Time - error "query failed"

Copper Contributor

I recently started to receive this error when trying to run our Compliance over time or Secure Score over time workbooks.  

snteran925_0-1679412697237.png

I don't see this being a rights issue and I can run a query manually.  What else can I check?

Thanks,

1 Reply
Hello @snteran925
The "query failed" error in the Compliance over time or Secure Score over time workbooks can be due to various reasons. Here are some steps to help you troubleshoot the issue:

1. Check the time range: Ensure that you have selected an appropriate time range for the workbook. Sometimes, selecting an extensive time range might cause the query to fail due to the large amount of data being queried.

2. Verify workbook settings: Double-check the workbook's settings and parameters to ensure that they are configured correctly. Make sure you're using the correct subscription, resource group, and other necessary filters.

3. Inspect the query: Investigate the specific query that's causing the error to ensure that there are no syntax errors or other issues. If you can run the query manually, compare it with the query in the workbook to ensure they are identical.

4. Check Azure Monitor Logs: Since workbooks rely on Azure Monitor Logs, ensure that the required data is available in the logs. Also, verify that there are no issues with the Log Analytics workspace associated with your subscription.

5. Review workbook permissions: Although you mentioned that this doesn't seem to be a rights issue, it's still a good idea to double-check that you have the necessary permissions to access the resources and run the queries within the workbook.

6. Examine application logs: Check the application logs for any errors or warnings that might give you more information about why the query is failing.

7. Try a different browser or clear cache: Sometimes, browser-specific issues or caching problems can cause errors. Try using a different browser, or clear your browser's cache and cookies before attempting to run the workbook again.

If you continue to experience the "query failed" error, consider reaching out to Microsoft Support for further assistance. They can help you investigate the issue more thoroughly and provide guidance on resolving the problem.