Microsoft Secure Tech Accelerator
Apr 03 2024, 07:00 AM - 11:00 AM (PDT)
Microsoft Tech Community

Azure Security Center adding non-azure servers (on prem)

Copper Contributor

I just turned on Azure Security Center (30 day trial).  I've install the agent, MMASetup-AMD64.exe on a windows 2009 server (vm-vmware) and a windows 10 enterprise (1909) (vm-vmware).

But I can't see it listed in inventory.

HPUbooker_0-1601073618378.png

But under getting started I see 3 servers (the 3rd one being a linux server an agent i installed on).

HPUbooker_1-1601073703361.png

What is going on?  Why is there no free support during this 30day trial and only a community forum?  I pay for Microsoft 365 A3 and A5 licenses.  I am trying out Security Center to replace our current Kaspersky Enterprise installation. I want to add more servers, but this makes no sense.  I'll continue to add more servers and desktops (on prem).  But why isn't any of my vm's coming up in inventory.  I clicked on subscriptions and selected all in the inventory section.

2 Replies

@HPUbooker 

I recommend you read more about ASC Asset Inventory view here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/security-center/asset-inventory#why-arent-all-of-my-subscript...

The inventory view lists your Security Center connected resources from a Cloud Security Posture Management (CSPM) perspective. The filters don't return every resource in your environment; only the ones with outstanding (or 'active') recommendations.