User Quarantine

Copper Contributor

Can someone tell me what the point of User Quarantine is in MCAS. Is seemed like a good idea on the service, but now we are testing it offers no benefits, just annoyance.. Has anyone implemented this, or have a use-case for it?

3 Replies

Hello James,

the purpose of user quarantine is to let the user handle medium/low risk violations.

So for example if there is a file with low-sensitivity data which is publicly shared, but not important enough to require admin intervention,  you can  use user quarantine to notify the user such data shouldnt generally be shared and let them decide if its important enough to share it anyway.

Regards,

Dima.

Thank you Dima for the prompt reply. My follow on questions:

How do you notify the user as to why a file has been quarantined (as the stub file text cannot be customized)?

How should the user unquarantine the file? This is not made clear.. Do they copy it out of the folder, move it and rename it (reinstate any sharing?). Then delete the stub file? Or should they access MCAS to do this in the portal?

If renamed, or copied, wont the MCAS rule trigger again, and move it back again? 

HI James,
Answering also here in addition to the mail in order to update the community.
You are correct, currently its a pre-built tombstone file. Giving the ability to customize the message is part of our planned enhancements for this feature.

I appreciate your feedback and suggestions.

Regards,
Dima.