Microsoft Secure Tech Accelerator
Apr 03 2024, 07:00 AM - 11:00 AM (PDT)
Microsoft Tech Community

Questions on OCAS proxy redirection.

Brass Contributor

Hi Community, 

One of the customer created the custom policy and tried to enforce a “test user” to use the OCAS proxy with the conditional access.

When the user try to sign in to the SharePoint we can see that the user trying to access through the OCAS proxy but redirected directly to the regular SharePoint site. The issue is that the user not redirected to the OCAS proxy.

They would like to know what can cause this. Any pointers would be of great help!

11 Replies

@Newlife 

Hi, can you provide a bit more detail on how the CA session policy was setup please, and some screenshots if possible?  This would be really helpful to try and better understand the issue.

Thank you very much for your prompt response, Peter.  Please refer the attached screenshot.

@Newlife 

It's under Access Control and Session Policies that would be handy to see please;

Screenshot 2020-05-07 at 12.39.30.png

@PeterRising - Another note is 

OCAS license in conflict state?

Is it can cause the issue?

Please refer attachment.

@Newlife 

Is that group based licensing you are using?

@Newlife 

Are you able to share the session policy settings?

@PeterRising - Thanks for your response, Session policy details attached

@Newlife 

OK, so this is a custom policy then.  Are you able to share the custom policy settings please?

@PeterRising - Thanks for your prompt response. All details are attached.

@Newlife 

OK, the first thing I notice is that you have the Office 365 preview selected in the included apps.  This feature still being in preview - I have found produces mixed results.  It may be worth modifying the policy to include Office 365 Exchange Online and Office 365 SharePoint Online as shown below;

Screenshot 2020-05-13 at 18.55.09.png

However, I still cannot see what your custom policy in Cloud App Security is doing?  Are you able to share the settings for this also please?