Is it possible for CAS to remove AIP labels on upload to SharePoint?

Iron Contributor

I'm thinking I can probably do this by triggering a Flow on upload to SharePoint, but wanted to see if anyone else has done it.  

Assuming I'm not missing some other functionality, I've posted the following to UserVoice and would welcome upvotes.

https://microsoftsecurity.uservoice.com/forums/905161-cloud-app-security/suggestions/38875237-abilit...

Ability for CAS to remove AIP labels on upload to SharePoint

Office files offline, we have implemented a CAS policy to apply a Sensitivity Label on download so the Guest only has Reviewer access. We'd like the Guest to be able to edit the file then upload it back to the site. When the file gets uploaded, we'd like to remove the label so the protections don't prevent online collaborative editing and autosave.

2 Replies

@Greg_C_Gilbert CAS has this ability already or am I missing something?

clipboard_image_0.png

You'll have to connect Office 365 and can then create a DLP policy

Thanks, @Philip Büchler, I'm testing removing the classification label as you suggested with a File Policy, but that seems to take a very long time since I assume it only triggers once the file is scanned at some point in the future after it has been uploaded.  My download policy that applies the label is a Session Policy which does it on demand.  I was hoping there was a way to use those same File Policy Governance actions in a Session Policy so it would trigger immediately.  

Any other thoughts on how this might be done closer to real-time?