File Policy Governance - Send policy-match digest to owner

Brass Contributor

Hello,

I'm looking to mitigate and reduce the number of stale externally shared files in OneDrive and SharePoint. Has anyone use the 'Send policy-match digest to file owner' governance action? If so, what does that look like? I'm debating between starting with that, or going straight to removing external users.

Thanks,

Jordan

6 Replies

Hi Jordan,

please find attached an example of a policy digest.

Regards,

Dima.

@Dima Donhin is it possible to change the Security Notification Title in the digest email?

You cannot change where it says Security Notification, but where it says File shared with unauthorized domain = the name of the policy that you may create and edit in MCAS.
I noticed that your screen shot shows the Contoso logo, whereas my digest shows the Microsoft logo. If there is a way to display my organization's logo, that would be much preferable. Do you know a way?

Thanks @CZeravicaAdmin. Just had a follow on question to this. I've noticed that the digest sent to file owners is limited to showing 10 files, is it possible to expand this limit?

@takinbo320 - I haven't seen a place to expand that, but I think that there is also a limit where it is only going to "digest" the files discovered within five minutes, so I don't know if the 10 files will be that much of an issue for many. Also, if you have a large number of policy matches, you need to put in a support ticket to Microsoft to extend the total number of matches allowed per day ... I believe.