'When an appointment is updated' Automate trigger ID different than 'When an appointment is created'

Copper Contributor

Have tested this a few times now for sanity sake. 

I am writing entries to a SharePoint list using the MS Booking 'ID' field as primary key via Power Automate. When using the 'when an appointment is updated' trigger to update items in the list per changes to the appointment in Bookings, it is impossible to match the item being updated to the entry in SharePoint because the IDs do not match - 'when an appointment is updated' generates a new ID with every call. SelfServiceAppointmentId does not have this problem but we do not use the self service booking option and cannot due to our workflow requirements. Is this by design? Shouldn't there be a persistent ID associated with the bookings made in calendar/backend?

Please help!

10 Replies

@Jpownall17 

I'm having the same issue. I trying to automate a list in sharepoint, and I need the Booking ID, no the unique ID of this transaction showing now with the current conector.

I have the same problem. it's missing a unique mapping to allow me to update or delete the sharepoint item.

@Jpownall17 SelfServiceAppointmentId can be used as unique id across flows for an appointment (whether or not yours is an appointment created via self service page). This is a naming/documentation miss from your side and will be rectified soon.

Can you please use the same and let us know if that works for you well?

@Ueberschussladen @Isabel2380 as well FYI.

Thanks, it works great for 1:1 bookings. I have big problems with 1:n bookings. The 2nd new booking of a "1:n" appointment is updated via the connector "When appointment is updated". This also applies to corrections and cancellations. Since I want to view the information in PowerApps through SharePoint, the process becomes very complicated. It would be helpful if additional information could be sent via the connector "If an appointment is updated" when booking a 1:n appointment. For example: [Appointment: "New", "Update" or "Cancel"]. Thanks very much!
If I understand this correct (please correct otherwise), you are expecting the new slot booking (2nd one onwards) in a 1:N appointment to come as a part of "When an appointment is updated" with a flag/field mentioning that it is a new slot added and not any update (like reschedule or staff change etc).

@Vignesh_Kailas 

Thank you for quick response!

Example: There is a 1:N date (fixed date) for a seminar. The first customer to log in is displayed via Connector "When an appointment was created".
The second customer, as well as all subsequent customers who register for exactly this appointment, are displayed via the connector "When was an appointment updated". If a customer has canceled their appointment, this is also displayed via the "When an appointment was updated" connector. This customer is missing from the detailed list of the JSON object. If an already registered customer has his phone number about a correction (rebooking), the information also comes via the connector "When an application was updated". An additional label with the name "customer of 1:N is:" : "new", "updated" or "cancelled" is helpful. I can then use the SelfserviceAppointmentID to search, change or add the item in the SharePoint list.

Thanks for the clarification. We will discuss this with the team internally.

@Vignesh_Kailas 
When I create an appointment in the backoffice of Bookings I get a selfserviceappointmentid like 

00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000

When using the frontoffice (reservation page) the selfserviceappointmentid is unique and can be used. 

For now I can not find a unique ID to make sure the correct appointment is updated or cancelled if the original appointment was made in the back office of Bookings.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
@Kenneth_De_Vos: This is something that was fixed very recently and is being rolled out now. We expect this to take effect in the next 4-5 weeks - The all 0s will be the case when you make a booking for a service w/o teams meeting from the C1 page/Calendar surface.
Thanks for the info. In that case we will have to wait until the fix has been deployed.