Unable to create a bookings calendar

Copper Contributor

I am an admin in my Office 365 Business Premium account but cannot create a calendar. I end up with a message  "There was a problem setting up the booking calendar. Please try again later."

Has anyone had this problem? I have had a support ticket in for a couple of days and the tech seems to be stuck.

9 Replies
Are you sure that the name used to create the Bookings mailbox is not used by any other recipient?
Having the same issue, opened a ticket with the support, let me know if the issue was resolved for you.

Did you get a solution to thsi issue, as I am having the same issue now

@Gil_Jones 

@BrianHarry  Yes. I had to use the help button and get a tech to do it. It ends up with an odd URL like this:

https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/ADR@JudgeGilJones.com/bookings/

with the "ADR" being, in essence, another user within my organization, I think.

Can you please detail the steps to create the bookings calendar if possible
As I need to get this sorted ASAP.

Kind regards Brian

@BrianHarry1730 Did you ever get this resolved?

How was this resolved? Thank you

@colinmyers  I gave up on Bookings about two years ago. Sorry that I can't help.

@Gil_Jones I just worked through this issue with Microsoft Support. What was determined to be cause in my case is that the user who was experiencing the issue had a "RecipientType" of "SharedMailBox" in Exchange. Apparently Microsoft Bookings does not support this RecipientType and changing this back to "UserMailBox" resolved the issue. Hope this helps!