Staff assigned as admin in bookings calendar can't access it.

Copper Contributor

We've staff assigned as administrators in two Bookings calendars but they are unabe to access it (even if they can create new Bookings calendars).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

20 Replies

@PauFe 

Hi 

Bookings is turned on by default for customers who have the Microsoft 365 Business Standard, or Microsoft 365 A3 and Microsoft 365 A5 subscriptions. Bookings is also available to customers who have Office 365 Enterprise E3 and Office 365 Enterprise E5, but it is turned off by default.

Please ensure your plan supports booking.

Hope that helps. 

Thank you @sagark92

Microsoft Bookings is turned on by default for the entire organization.
I have a Business Premium subscription and 4 Business Essentials subscriptions.
As admin, I cannot assign Bookings to individual users (of Business Essentials) because I can only grant access to 21 apps - and Bookings is not one of them.

I am having the same issue. A coworker created a Bookings Calendar and made me an admin for the Bookings but I can not access or find it. I only got an email stating I would be notified when a bookings took place. How as a admin do I access the settings of this Booking??

@twright32Having the exact same issue. Unsure if it is not functioning correctly if the way to access it is too obscure.

I'm having the same issue. Have set up a booking calendar and assigned staff as administrators, but they can't get into the Bookings calendar to adjust anything. Can someone please help? Thanks!

@ABjorkI am having the same issue as well. Hoping for an answer!

Same problem here. How did you solve the problem?
Did anyone get a response to this?
Did you get an answer?

@Sgriffith970I am not sure of the exact answer, but my IT people where I work said it had something to do with the way the global address book was setup in my company. This took months to figure out. If you can find something else that will do the same thing I would use it. Microsoft obviously provides little support on this product.

@Sgriffith970 Can you please check if the user who is not able to access the Bookings app has a valid Bookings license assigned? Please check the instructions listed here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/bookings/turn-bookings-on-or-off?view=o365-worldwide#... and assign licenses if the user does not have it already?

If the above does not help, can you help with few more details?

1. Is the user able to login to https://bookings.office.com ?
  2. What is the error message they get when they try to access a Bookings calendar?
  3. Are they able to access any Bookings calendar or its failing for all?

If you could share more details about the issue you are facing, that will help us unblock you asap.

Thanks!

Babu

Microsoft

@Babu_Alagarsamy 

Yes it is turned on. It works on a desktop, and it links up. But when using the app it doesnt load the information. It tells us when updating on the app "failed to load bookings for this date. Please try again later'.  So you cant make bookings on the app and any appointments dont sync to the app.

@Sgriffith970 

It works on a desktop, and it links up. But when using the app it doesnt load the information. It tells us when updating on the app "failed to load bookings for this date. Please try again later'.  So you cant make bookings on the app and any appointments dont sync to the app.

By app, are you referring to the mobile apps? So, the users are able to access Bookings web app from bookings.office.com but when they go to mobile apps it fails to load?

Thanks,

Babu

I am referring to the mobile app that you download from the app store that has the black Bookings logo.
Yes users can access on the website on a laptop.
When on the mobile apps it fails to load or sync.

@PauFe The setting on the "booking page" of "staff control" should be set to "allow customers to choose a specific person for the booking" even if that's the only staff member assigned. Too bad there's not documentation on this--I figured it out with trial and error.

Not sure if this will work for you, but it worked for me.
The person you gave Admin permission to has the option to search the name of the MS Bookings Page under the 'Discover' button (Next to 'Create')
If they look up the name of the bookings page, it should pop up, click on the name of the bookings page, and it should add automatically to the list of shared bookings pages.

I had someone has an Admin on several Bookings pages but they couldn't see or access any of them. They did a search for the bookings page and it popped up. They had immediate admin access.

Hope this helps.

@PauFe 

FOR EVERYONE WHO STILL NEEDS AN ANSWER

We were able to get this to work by opening the app in Teams, the clicking the ellipses in the top right, clicking "Open Bookings web app", then once this connection is made once, it now shows up under Shared Bookings.

@mharper1620 

I still needed an answer. Tried all of the above, but your (not so logical) solution did the trick! Thanks a lot!

@johan_myny Good afternoon, 

Sharing the following in case this could help someone.  This is based on my experience and possibly not applicable to everyone or to every configuration: 

SCENARIO: 

* A security group was created to add admin users inside"

* Calendar owner A adds a new bookings calendar "New"

* Calendar owner A adds the security group the "New" calendar as admins

* Administrator B from the security group adds Administrator C using the booking page > go to staff > add new staff

* Administrator C cannot access the "New" calendar

* If owner A removes Administrator C and re-adds him, Administrator C is able to access and use "New" calendar (this works because it appears the owner of the calendar transfer permissions properly to users). 

SOLUTION: 

* To avoid issues, Owner A uses powershell to remove and add admins. 

* Owner A removed the security group from the "New" calendar using PowerShell (users using bookings with access granted to the security group created inconsistencies)

* Owner A, added Admin B using PowerShell

* Admin B added Admin C and admin C confirmed it works and they can access bookings well (if not, then adding admins directly from powershell will be the way to go). 

POWERSHELL: 

* Ask your admin to give you monitored access to bookings to use powershell

* when granted, access the role page in azure and activate the role

* on your pc > click the windows icon > search for powershell > select windows powershell (x86)

* enter command: connect-exchangeonline

* Authenticate 

* You can now copy and paste commands below (after is pasted you can edit the emails and calendar names)

* You can copy and paste the below including the titles. For instance you can copy ##REMOVE AND....this way it will help you re-use the commands and move quickly

## REMOVE AN ADMIN FROM THE BOOKINGS CALENDAR :

$admin = "email address removed for privacy reasons"

Remove-MailboxPermission -Identity "add calendar name here" -User $admin -AccessRights FullAccess -InheritanceType All -Confirm:$false

Remove-RecipientPermission -Identity "add calendar name here" -Trustee $admin -AccessRights SendAs -Confirm:$false

Note: Where to find the correct calendar name > go to Azure > either user or groups > search for the calendar > open it > copy the email >use the name or the full email.

#CHECK BOOKINGS CALENDAR PERMISSIONS:

>> Get-MailboxPermission "add calendar name here"

>> Get-RecipientPermission "add calendar name here"

Note: If you see >>  >> Get-mailboxpermission when you copy simply remove one set of this >> so that it only shows >> Get-mail......

## ADD ONE ADMIN AT A TIME TO THE BOOKINGS CALENDAR

$bookingname = "add calendar name here"

$admin = "email address removed for privacy reasons"

Add-MailboxPermission $bookingname -User $admin -AccessRights FullAccess -InheritanceType All -Automapping $false

Add-RecipientPermission $bookingname -Trustee $admin -AccessRights SendAs -Confirm:$false

Good luck!!