SOLVED

Set up a booking only for one day a month

Copper Contributor

I want to start using Microsoft bookings - but only for one day a month. How do I do that? 

8 Replies
The service that you only want to make available only one day per month should have assigned a staff that has his calendar busy all month long, except for the day you want to have the service available.

For example, if you want to make a service available only on 1st of each month, in the calendar of the staff assigned to that service you will have to create an appointment that starts on 2nd of each month and ends at the end of the month.
OK. I'm a freelancer and I want to experiment with this and ideally get it all to just feed into my one calendar. I have other things going on so what would you recommend? Create another calendar specifically for this and have something going on all the time EXCEPT on the one day a month I want to take bookings?
Yes, having another calendar only for this purpose is my suggestion.
best response confirmed by Anne Walsh (Copper Contributor)
Solution

I would approach it a different way:

• Set the "Business Hours" under Business Information within Bookings to the 1 day of the week you want to accept bookings (e.g. Monday) only, with all other days set as "Closed".
  • Then set "Time Off" in the Bookings calendar for the Mondays that you don't want to accept bookings.

You can then use your existing calendar if you prefer.

Ah, that sounds more doable - I really did not want to have another calendar...- will check that out

I wonder why Microsoft has not added the option of monthly availability, rather than keeping it a weekly one?

Has anyone else found other solutions?

I was not able to create a new "fictitious calendar", so I set up a day/time of availability on Bookings (say Monday from 15.00-16.00), then added fictitious appointments in my MS calendar all other Mondays of the month from 15.00 to 16.00. As Bookings can be synchronised to MS calendar by ticking the "Events on Office calendar, affect availability", this should do the trick. It is far from being a perfect solution, and I really can't get my head around why Microsoft is not adding this simple feature, considering this seems to be a major flaw of the system.

i agree as this is what we are looking for. I also don't think the calendar clearly shows which dates are available, they are only slightly more bold than normal dates

This is what I do!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Anne Walsh (Copper Contributor)
Solution

I would approach it a different way:

• Set the "Business Hours" under Business Information within Bookings to the 1 day of the week you want to accept bookings (e.g. Monday) only, with all other days set as "Closed".
  • Then set "Time Off" in the Bookings calendar for the Mondays that you don't want to accept bookings.

You can then use your existing calendar if you prefer.

View solution in original post