Sending email to someone at contoso.com

Brass Contributor
A user reported they got a NDR for an email sent to someone at contoso.com. Of course, this user did not send such an email and the email was not in their sent items. I first thought it was some system we had in place that may have been sending to this address.
After a few hours of digging around, I found that emails had been sent to this address randomly for at least the past 30 days, but not until 4/10 did we start getting NDRs. I finally found the issue:

If I go to my public Bookings with Me page in incognito mode and try to book a meeting with myself, but close the window at this screen, an email will fire off to email address removed for privacy reasons, sending me an NDR.

Screenshot 2023-04-13 091844.png
12 Replies
Same here ...
The same behavior just started to happen to me today too, while I visited my own Booking page, I didn't even bok any appointment!!!
I'm having this issue as well.

Same here.

I'm also getting the NDR referencing email address removed for privacy reasons
Seeing this as well. Putting in a ticket with Microsoft.

We too are getting this @TBone1985 

Any solutions? I just started setting up my Bookings Page a few hours ago and have had a dozen or so of these emails streaming into my inbox!

So far in other MS Q&A forum I found a temporary solution which could work if you are Exchange administrator:
Create a Mail Flow rule in the Exchange Admin Center that checks to see if the recipient is the person 'someone at contoso.com' and then drop/remove email.
Other topic to observe: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/questions/1226456/microsoft-bookings-with-me-generating-ve...

I'm not an Exchange Admin. I just created my own Rule to filter to the delete folder.

@TBone1985 TMK, Microsoft has this in their bug fix roadmap.  Guess it takes several weeks to get the right developer on it.