Scheduled appointment email notification

Copper Contributor

I have assigned one employee from my Staff for one service that we are offering, but when a customer makes an appointment, only customer recives a email notification, but i want employee to also get a notification by email. I have figured out that only "Guest" staff get email notif., but if i set them as Viewer or Administrator, then only customer is getting that notif. Is there i can fix that so everybody get email notifications (employee and customers)?

29 Replies

@Gabo @ppickeri @Jessica_Wilczek Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but has there been any development on this? My users are also pointing out that the default email notifications are lacking some key information, and it is quite cumbersome for them to open the bookings page, open the calendar item on the bookings page calendar, then view the appointment, just to get the information from a custom field. It would be great if the required fields information was also present in the email notifications.

Hi @ppickeri 

Having this same issue as you do/did.

Did you manage to find a solution?

@ppickeriand @Gabo

Forms does not have a native solution I'm aware of to send the information from completed fields in the appointment notification emails. There is now a Bookings connector for Power Automate though! So you can use Power Automate to customize a notification email or send another email after the notification.

I found a work around by creating Notification/reminders for the calls.

Under each Service, you can click edit then select Notifications (on my screen over to the left).

From there, I add a 3 day out reminder to the staff.  A 1 day out reminder to the staff/client, and a 1 hour reminder to the staff.  In my case, I also added a 15 minute reminder for the staff.

This way, no matter where in the timescale a customer has scheduled a call, there will be a series of notifications that come through to prevent a miss.  3 days seems sufficient to cover most days off, and the 1 hour and 15 minute reminders are great in case some distraction has come up.

Instead of doing this for each service, it saved me time to just update these notification on one service, then duplicate it and update any applicable info, this way the notifications were standard across all service types.

Hope this helps someone.

@J_Embry 

Unfortunately, this does not solve the problem of wanting the booking information available somewhere other than with the supplied customer, or staff member emails. I do like the reminder functionality quite a bit though.

Hi @David Wilson-Roberts 

I have had this exact problem today - 5 years later!!!

I wonder if you ever managed to find a workaround? Like you said, because the email comes through as junk, I don't get anything added to my calendar so I now have to manually add the event to my calendar which is a little annoying!

Ooops! i thought I was in a different discussion.

The bookings connector in Power Automate can now get the information needed and send invitations or place events on calendars you manage.

Oh I'd be very interested to see this if you have chance to send it over @MSUM_Clifferton!