Reservations start from full hours.

Copper Contributor

I have set my availability on Mondays between 8:30 and 10:30.
Duration of the meeting: 1 hour.
Time increments: 1 hour.

Why the program does not show me my two available booking dates, which is 8:30 and 9.30. The program only shows me the time of the 9:00 meeting. Only one appointment.

As I set the increments of time every 30 minutes, available dates will be displayed at 8:30, 9:00, 9:30, 10:00 am, which is stupid because it allows the client to make an appointment at 9:00, so 1 hour stays with the gates of possibility making an appointment.

6 Replies

I have this same issue. We have teachers that want to block hour-long conferences during their various open office times - which only works when their availability starts at the top of the hour, since increasing granularity of available times means appointments can be booked to start at any of those times, as opposed to the times that correspond to the service hour segments.

It would be nice if Bookings would look at the service length (plus before/after buffers) and generate the available choices based on that information. So if we're setting up a one hour service and hours on Wednesday ran from 3:00p to 6:00p, Bookings would show availability at 3:00p, 4:00p, & 5:00p. If Thursday hours were 2:30p to 5:30p, then Booking would show 2:30p, 3:30p, & 4:30p.

@Kamil Wołoszka - I had the same issue but just discovered that amending the service itself not to use the default scheduling policy and to then set time increments there to 30 minutes seemed to solve it. 

@Kamil Wołoszka 

Exactly the same problem here ... very annoying.

If the time start of the service is set to 08h30 , and you set an interval of 1h, 2h, or 3h, the reservation page display the first slot at 09h00.

If you change the interval, the first slot display 08h30.

Anyone have a solution for that ?

We can not use this tool 

@Kamil Wołoszka 

@HeyCarl 

This shouldn't be happening. Maybe first just check if your staff already have an appointment in their calendars for these specif times. 

Also, check business hours under business information and staff hours under staff. 

Hope that helps. 

@sagark92 

Yes i have already checked all schedule in the application (opening, personnel, ..)

And for exemple : if i set the interval to 119 min, that's work ! (start at 08h30)

I change to 120min => 09h00 .. really strange. Seems like a bug

@Kamil Wołoszka 

@HeyCarl 

@ThibautD 

I also think there is a bug, or it just doesn't work as expected.

Maybe this can help.

I have a Parish and, due to the limitations of COVID 19, I have to limit the entrances, so we want a "booking" system for the Masses. On Sunday there are masses at 7.00, 9.00, 10.30, 18.30.

Great. I set up a Mass service, duration 1h. In the availability I created 4 intervals: from 7 to 8, from 9 to 10, from 10.30 to 11.30, from 18.30 to 19.30.

I had to set up:

- Default duration (of the service): 1h

- Use the default value of the planning criteria: NO

- Time increments: 30 min

- Create 4 time intervals as specified above.

The key was to reduce the time increments from 1h (as I initially thought should be set) to 30 min.

Now works. But if by hypothesis I have any service that starts with the granularity of 15 minutes (for example at 15.15) there is no way to insert it. Time intervals should be reduced to 15 minutes.