Randomized or sorted assignment of staff?

Copper Contributor

We have a bookings site configured where the customer can't select an individual team member but is randomly assigned to an available team member. How does Bookings select the team member to assign? Is it random, is it alphabetically going to through the available team members and picking the first available team member or is there another algorithm behind this?

5 Replies

Wish someone could say... I'm trying out Microsoft Bookings as an alternative to another product which had Optimize for availability or Optimize for Equal Distribution options. This is important as in our implementation this can impact sales commissions. Some people expect it to be round robin (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3) others expect it to be random but even.... the competitors optimize for equal distribution example above will hide the availability of a staff member if they got more bookings than the other staff members, which sounds like it could end up limiting options for customers. 

From my testing so far it seems random? I've only tried a small sample though.  

Is it random? 

Can anyone help me understand how to sort/alphabetize the Staff list in Bookings?

Thank you!

Tammie

I too would like to know the answer to this question.

Did you find a solution to this issue?

Does anyone have an answer or any experience with this? @Kreera House