MS Bookings Tool-Breaking Bug

Iron Contributor

In our environment, we are currently unable to use any 1hr events that don't begin on the hour. (No, seriously.)

So for example, my MS-900 class I teach at 18:30 every week? Users can't book it. My class that starts at 15:00 on a Saturday? Totally fine.

The workaround? YOU NEED TO MAKE THE MEETING 59 MIN LONG, NOT 1 hr.

It's honestly a miracle that our manager even noticed this and thought to do it, not everyone will I'm sure. 

(as a side note, we really need a feature to "ignore availability" for the teacher/staff. I had an old appointment in my calendar that I didn't need, but even after deleting it our users cannot book me on bookings. ideally, if it could "ignore availability", we could just assign every class to our shared receptionist email. )

9 Replies
Same here, we have had our calendar up and running for a year and a half but as of this week it's no longer working for events that don't begin on the hour (which is all of them). It's a real problem.
Try changing the time increment in Availability options to customized 59 Min

yes, the 59 min interval is the workaround we had to use @StewartSLK 

try the 59 min solution we mentioned, its a weird fix but it seems to be working.
Hey, Is there anyway to get support for this? Our whole system is basically ruined at the moment....
Let us get back on this, thanks for sharing feedback!
Hi! I appreciate you noticing this thread and investigating further. If I can be of help with screenshots, recordings, or a Teams video call please just let me know. Thanks!

@Joshua_R_Jones any solution to this bug ? I'm experiencing same issue for any appts that don't start on the hour. Was working fine until a week or so ago. Reducing time increments to 59 mins. doesn't help.

@brendacross 

First, go to your service. Edit the service you want (assuming its 1 hour for our example)

1. Basic Details- your duration will be set to 1h, 0min

2. Availability- Under Scheduling Policy, go to time increments. Now change your time increment to Custom. 

3. Set up availability as always. Even though your time increment is set to 59 min, you should build a range of at least 1 hour.

4. Check your staffing. If there is a calendar item at the same time for the staff member assigned to the service, they will be unable to be booked. (even cancelled events!). Some workarounds I use for this include adding an additional staff member for affected events and cleaning out my calendar around that time. 

5. Confirm Default scheduling policy (your organization-wide schedule rules) are not at conflict with this particular service.

I've attached screenshots for the setup I'm using for Basic Details and Availability. (pardon the Japanese desc!)

Hope it is helpful to you.