SOLVED

Microsoft Can't Access Booking Calendar

Copper Contributor

We recently added a person to our team and I am trying to give them access to our booking calendar. I am an admin on the account and have turned on two product licenses for her - Office 365 Enterprise E3 and Business Apps (Free). We can click the bookings icon in her account but when we select the calendar we want to add we get a message stating "We can't connect to the booking calendar right now. Please try again later." We have been trying to add the calendar for three days and keep getting the same error message. As an admin, I have already added her as a team member to the staff section of the calendar, however when I try to add her hours in "availability" or list her as an administrator vs. viewer, the system says "Your request can't be completed right now. Please try again later." when I try to save. I have been getting this error message for three days, as well. Is there a reason the Microsoft system is not allowing us to make changes or add this booking calendar to her account?

10 Replies

I am also having this problem, did you find a solution?

Unfortunately not :\ I've been troubleshooting with Microsoft since I made the original post on this message board. They've had me go through some steps on Azure Powershell and do a Fiddler trace but none of that has fixed the issue. I've also tried creating a new calendar altogether - I was able to input all the information with no issues (business hours, employees, etc.) but no one besides myself can add the calendar to their account. They all get the "We can't connect to the booking calendar right now. Please try again later." message. Knowing someone outside of our organization is having a problem, too, makes me think this may be an issue on the Microsoft side and not the user end.

best response confirmed by ShannonS (Microsoft)
Solution

Try the steps from this video as they should also apply to your issue.

Hi just wondering if you resolved this issue? I managed to create the booking calendar using my work account, but when I try to set up the booking calendar for another work account (with the same licence) I get the message 'there was a problem setting up the calendar, please try again later'. Im not sure how to resolve the issue as it works for 1 licenced account and not another.

Hi, there! Yes, I was able to resolve the issue by completely creating a brand new calendar. Microsoft was unable to trouble shoot my problem =( Do you have business apps turned on for both of your accounts?

My organization is evaluating Microsoft Bookings and I ran into the same issue. I'm currently developing a proof of concept and is there any fix for this. We're looking at using this for scheduling our student worker appointments and the staff listing changes each semester so we'll need to be able to grant each student access to the booking page.

Thanks Victor your solution worked or me. I was getting "We can't connect to the booking calendar right now. Please try again later."
Can you please detail exactly what you did to fix the issue, as I'm getting the same issue trying to create a new bookings calendar, I need to get this setup ASAP.

Kind regards Brian

@BrianHarry1730 

Hi Brian I simply followed the instructions in Victors video and it worked.

Regards Andrew

@Kimberly Boyd I used the instruction from Victor Ungureanu, he has the powershell commands in his YouTube video. I logged into Powershell as an admin 

$UserCredential = Get-Credential

$Session = New-PSSession -ConfigurationName Microsoft.Exchange -ConnectionUri https://outlook.office365.com/powershell-liveid/ -Credential $cred -Authentication Basic –AllowRedirection

Set-ExecutionPolicy RemoteSigned

Import-PSSession $Session

Connect-MSOLService -credential $LiveCred

Set-ExecutionPolicy RemoteSigned -Force

found my Bookings mailboxes that had broken permissions by running the following

get-mailbox -RecipientTypeDetails SchedulingMailbox | ft DisplayName,PrimarySmtpAddress

Then ran:

Remove-MailboxPermission YourBooking SMTP@yourdomain.onmicrosoft.com -User adminuser@yourdomain.onmicrosoft.com -AccessRights FullAccess -Deny:$false

Add-MailboxPermission SMTP@yourdomain.onmicrosoft.com -User adminuser@yourdomain.onmicrosoft.com -AccessRights FullAccess -Deny:$false

Change YourBookingSMTP to the booking your cannot access from your list, change the user email to the person you want to add as an owner. Remove then add. Wait 15 minutes and you should have access again.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ShannonS (Microsoft)
Solution

Try the steps from this video as they should also apply to your issue.

View solution in original post