Microsoft Bookings - Unable to book using portal for 1:N event type

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I'm wondering if you can assist me with an issue with Microsoft Bookings whereby I am unable to get the self-service portal to work for a 1:N event.

• I set up the event cap as 12 from the initial service creation screen.

• The event is two days long. I set it up as 1 day 8 hours so that I can specify 09:00AM first day to 05:00PM second day when booking an instance.

The event then becomes available in the booking page initially. However, as soon as an attempt to book someone from the external booking page is made, the app returns a "someone beat you to it - find another time" error and removes the event from the calendar.

I have no problem adding customers from the admin panel but I would like to be able to use the booking page as a self-service.

Availability settings do not affect it regardless of adjustments. When "Bookable when staff are free" is used, once again if a day is selected that already has an event booked on it - even if there isn't a single customer signed up, will show the someone beat you to it error.

I was advised by the MS support team to ensure that the buffer time is disabled and it is as well.

This is what my configuration looks like:

Screenshot 2023-05-09 145446.pngScreenshot 2023-05-09 145130.pngScreenshot 2023-05-09 145628.pngScreenshot 2023-05-09 145553.png

Please let me know if you would like me to provide any further details!

Thank you for your time.

11 Replies

@konstantin_975 

I am an independent advisor answering questions.

The first thing that comes to mind is to check your Outlook Calendar. Did you or any of the Staff Members block off this time on your Outlook calendar? If so, make sure you choose "Free". The remaining choices imply you are not available, which may generate the message you are receiving. 

Teresa_Cyrus_0-1683637684936.png

If you find this information helpful, please mark it as best response or like it which will assist others.

/Teresa

#traccreations4e

@konstantin_975 

I am an independent advisor answering questions.

The first thing that comes to mind is to check your Outlook Calendar. Did you or any Staff Members block off this time on your Outlook calendar? If so, make sure you choose "Free." The remaining choices imply you are not available, which may generate the message you are receiving.  

Teresa_Cyrus_0-1683637684936.png

If you find this information helpful, please mark it as the best response or like it which will assist others.

/Teresa

#traccreations4e

@Teresa_Cyrus 

Hello Teresa,

Thank you very much for your response! I am the staff member currently assigned for the purposes of testing. I do not have any events on my calendar for the days when the event is booked and previously adjusted the settings so availability is not affected by events on it. Also, because it's a 2-day event I set my availability from 12:00AM to 11:59PM Mon-Fri.

Unfortunately, I'm still getting the same error.

konstantin_975_0-1683705125384.png

@konstantin_975 

Here is what I recommend.

Business Information & Booking Page Settings:

On Day One change hours to 9 to 5pm.  

Teresa_Cyrus_0-1683775896194.png

Services Settings

Basic Details

Teresa_Cyrus_6-1683776068335.png

Availability Options: You want to choose your actual conference dates.

Change Day one to 9 to 5pm.
Teresa_Cyrus_11-1683776338420.png

Assign your Staff:  If you select multiple staff members, you will 12 appts for each staff member. 

Teresa_Cyrus_14-1683776530445.png

If you find this information useful, please mark it as the best answer or like it which will assist others. 

/Teresa

@Teresa_Cyrus 

Hello,

Thank you again for your suggestion, but unfortunately using these settings did not make a difference for me and I'm still getting the same error:

Screenshot 2023-05-12 085117.pngScreenshot 2023-05-12 084901.png

Is it possible to escalate this to Microsoft, as I'm starting to thing it might be a bug with my instance?

@konstantin_975 

It was a little buggy for me yesterday too. Yes, please report your issue Microsoft support team. 

And, if you can be so kind as to post the resolution in this thread which will assist others with the same error.

Sorry, I was unable to resolve your issue.

/Teresa

@Teresa_Cyrus there is no known issue around this, can you please create a support ticket so that we can help you unblock quickly on this?

Thanks,

Babu

Hello Babu,

Here is a link to the ticket that I created - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/microsoft-bookings-unable-to-book-using-porta...

I also used the "Provide Feedback" option from the application itself and detailed the issue.

@konstantin_975 

Did you get to fix this issue as i have the same.

@PaulAllen2275Unfortunately, Not.

@Babu_Alagarsamy- The Microsoft feedback team stopped responding to my email. Please can you look into it?

@konstantin_975 

I found if i have the box in yellow highlighted i had the same issue with the error msgs, if it is not ticked as per the image it works fine. 

PaulAllen2275_0-1692800313409.png