Microsoft Bookings-Staff Member Availability Different Across Services

Copper Contributor

In Bookings, can a staff member have differing availabilities across different services?

For example, on one service a staff member should be available basically all day. But on another service that same staff member should only be available for a couple 1-hour timeslots.

Thank you,

26 Replies

@MSUM_Clifferton I don't know enough about aliases to give that try myself.  Is this something you're likely to attempt? I'd be keen to know how it goes if so. 

@Siobhan_S

Unfortunately, I'm not an Admin, and our institution does not allow service accounts. I'd be excited to hear if this works if anyone else is willing to try.

@MSUM_Clifferton that won’t work. You have to connect it to a user calendar. It won’t allow an alias to be selected. That my friend would be another obvious flaw in the programming decisions by MS on this. But, it would not necessarily addressed the topic at hand.

A service account should have a user calendar, right? What I don't know is if a service account can be made an alias to another account. It sounds like you're saying it can't.

Another, more complicated, idea is to create the service account and then use the new bookings connector and power automate to sync the two user calendars. sounds like a lot of work, but someone might find it worthwhile.

@KMullins 

yes, i also have 1 active staff member but different people will do the role. for example staff 1 will work monday to wednesday and staff 2 will work thursday and friday. i have not figured out how a booker will get the correct staff member. Does anyone know?  

@novisugiarto enter the staff availability on the staff page. Bookings will only book with staff during their scheduled work hours.

@novisugiarto As Clifferton said, if you restrict individual staff 'profiles' to only be available to work certain days, then the services they are attached to will only book them on the days they work.

The problem comes when they work different jobs on different days.