List of Participants in Forwarded Bookings Invitation

Copper Contributor

Hi all,

I have created a service using Bookings and it is working well. I am able to forward the automatically created calendar invitation to additional attendees. However, I cannot see if they have accepted the invitation or not. I can only see the "customer" on the calendar invite. Weirdly, anyone who has accepted the forwarded calendar invitation can see all people who have been added/forwarded the invitation.

Is there any way I can fix this? I can't see the forwarded attendees on my own calendar or within the Bookings platform calendar. I help schedule meetings for a collaborator and I need to see if the collaborator accepts the forwarded booking invitation or not. 

Thanks!

1 Reply

@reneefrederick 

I am an independent advisor responding to Bookings' questions.

This question is interesting. I don't have a solution for you. If the attendees can see it and you can't, it sounds like a bug.

But here is what I would recommend for future Bookings events. Instead of forwarding a Booking event to additional people from the calendar, you should email the Bookings LINK and let them register for the event.  This way, you can track it via your sent email. Also, you may need to change the settings to increase the Booking's maximum number of attendees to ensure availability.

I will also add how the Forwarding feature works in Outlook. When an event is forwarded to others by someone other than the organizer, the system submits a courtesy email to the organizer. Once the meeting is accepted by the forwarded invitee, the invitee is added to the attendee list. If the fowarded user doesn't respond, they are not added to the participant list.

However, when the organizer adds invitees, everyone sees the accepted and non-responded participants. 

So in your case, I don't know if Bookings has identified an event organizer or if it submits a courtesy email about a forwarded invite. And, most baffling, why others can see the participants list and not you. As a work around, forward the invite to your personal email so you can see the full list.

I hope a Microsoft product manager responds because I am curious too.

If you find this information helpful, please like it which will assist others with the same question.