Last day of the month Bookings problem

Iron Contributor

Hi,

We've been using Bookings since the start of the year and we have a problem where on the last day of each month, bookings for the following day only show a limited time period.

It has happened every month consistently so is definitely a bug. We are +10 timezone and I'm wondering if it's a regional related problem.

Has anyone else seen this problem?

Any of the Bookings team want to have a look at the end of this month when it happens next?

#prettyplease

16 Replies

Hi Damien,

I am with the Bookings team. We haven't seen this problem before.

Could you please share with me your onmicrosoft.com domain? We will take a look.

Thanks!

Hi Gabriel,

theaustralianballet.onmicrosoft.com

Thanks

Damien

Thanks Damien, we'll take a look and let you know.

Hi Damien,

Could you please confirm the below is what is happening to you?

We tried again with another approach and was able to make Bookings think it was the end of the month (I tried with 29th Sep, 30th Sep and 1st Oct). In the case of Sep 30th, I see a peculiar problem and what happens is that based on their scheduling policy settings we end up showing Oct 1st as the first available date to book instead of the Sep 30th even though there are bookable timeslots available for that date. Can you confirm with them if that is the issue they are experiencing?

end of month.png

Thanks!

Hi,

Yes that sounds exactly right.
I've asked the key user to check this post and confirm.

Thanks
Hi, staff member confirmed this is exactly the issue.

Thank you! We are working on it!

Gabriel,

I helped a business setup using Bookings. Very innovative. 

Couple of high priority items I would suggest make sense.

1. Copying repeating appointments. Allowing people to use the Calendar in Outlook, or alternatively enabling certain behaviors from the online calendar. So there are couple of different use cases around booking multiple appointments for the same clients.
    1. I tried copying an appointment from the calendar and pasting it to another date. Not currently possible from the web interface.
    2. I connected to the Booking Calendar with Outlook (fat client), I was able to copy and paste the bookings appointment, however, it was clear this did not work properly, changing the dates did not move the calendar appointment. My hypothesis, there must be some metadata or some kind of Azure integration for the extra database for some of the custom fields. The architecture here would be interesting to discuss. You should be aware of this type of workaround attempt to handle the lack of repeating appointments. Steps to repeat, add the bookings calendar to Outlook (fat client), copy and existing Calendar appointment made through the bookings interface, paste it. Change the appointment dates. Appointment does not move in the calendar to the new dates. May have same Identifier as source appointment if there is a connection to another database.
    3. Allowing people to load appointments from Excel. Provide an excel template. This would allow people to quickly add multiple appointments from a paper based system or migrate from and outlook calendar. It would not be an elegant way to handle the repeating appointments but it would help with adoption of new clients and loading their initial data.
  2. Letting people know if their is a Web API.

Thanks

Hi Gabriel,

Any update on this?

Thanks

Damien

Hi Jeff,

These are all good suggestions but maybe put them in the UserVoice service or a new thread for suggestions.
It's completely off topic for this thread.

Thanks

Damien

Damien, Any relation to Dean Calvert? Sorry, doing the hey you are from Australia do you know...
But at least you have the same last name.

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your feedback. I will share them with my team.

Per Damien's reco, you should post them in the UserVoice channel, that way other users can vote for your idea and the dev team can prioritize based on that.

Thanks!

Hi Damien,

Funny timing, I actually just emailed by dev team about updates on Friday.

I'll let you know as soon as I hear back.

Gabriel.

Hey Gabriel,

Just checking in. :)

Thanks

Hi Damien,

Sorry to say the devs are still looking at this, they thought they had a fix but it didn't work.

They are working on it now, and they should have news in the next 3-4 weeks.

Thanks!

Hey Gabriel,

Happy New Year!

Just thought I'd check in and see if the devs have had any luck with a fix?

Thanks

Damien