How can I create multiple time options that overlap for multiple staff availability

Copper Contributor

I am trying to create a calendar for people to book an appt. We have multiple staff with overlapping schedules. We want to ensure slots don't get double booked (1 participant per appt),  but we do have some blocks of time where multiple staff are available. I.e. there may be 2 or 3 appts available at 1:30pm.

How can I set this up in one calendar?

3 Replies
This should be pretty straightforward:
* edit all staff's availability to the appropriate hours and make sure their personal calendar's availability is taken into account by Bookings (eg. check the checkbox for every staff member)
* create a service with the correct opening hours, and assign the staff to it...
Bookings should ensure slots don't get double booked, eg every staff member can only be booked once for any given time slot.

@fiterbek Thank you for your reply. If the appt blocks are different each week, will this work? I must be setting it up incorrectly, because it tells me I can't have overlapping blocks of time when I attempt to save and publish. Is there a tutorial or screenshots that might be able to be sent to me by any chance?
Thanks so much!

Kelly

I'm not sure I understand your case correctly. To clarify, I am not a Microsoft employee ;)

Services have availability, and so does staff. Both affect when a customer can book an appointment via the public reservation page. I'm not sure what you mean by 'different appt blocks each week'. If neither the staff nor the service have some kind of regular schedule, you'll have to change the configuration every week. But it seems more likely you're either not gettng a concept, or trying to do something that is just impossible.
Without more context, screenshots etc, it is very hard to know what the problem is.
There are definitely some tutorials to be found on the web, for example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=647C4gZt9Fo