Hooked up Bookings to Power Automate, Bookings creates random shadow events

Copper Contributor

Trying to use bookings at a large company to create governance meetings. The application is very opinionated in all the wrong areas and missing huge, obvious features.

I've tried to add them myself by having Power Automate watch the Bookings calendar for new, modified, and deleted events, but it's a nightmare.

Bookings sometimes creates two events in the bookings calendar, triggering the flow twice. The GUI on Bookings only shows one, but an API call to the calendar returns two different events with the same exact info.

Also, the flow that is only supposed to trigger when an event is modified is triggered when an event in created or deleted, and sometimes randomly. Like, it'll go off at two in the morning for no reason.

I really really really wanted to make bookings work here, but the application is just wildly immature in some areas, and it seems like it was made deliberately such that I couldn't bridge the gaps with Power Automate. Like, is it too much to ask that when a user makes a booking, only ONE event gets created?

1 Reply
I learned this (the hard way) too! I believe the second fire could be an auto-accept (??). I put a timer to do a delta between creation date and update. The second fire typically happens under 5 mins of the creation fire. I wonder if these are some of the reasons why there is NO CONNECTOR in Power Automate.