Export time zone incorrect

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I have been working on a Bookings Calendar issue recently, where the entire tenant's Bookings Calendars switched time zones. This resulted in all Bookings appointments and Calendars being 8 hours off in time. We temporarily fixed this issue by unchecking the "Always show time slots in business time zone" setting in the "Region and time zone settings" under "Booking page" tab.

This fix however, did not fix the Calendar export feature in Bookings. Any time a calendar is exported it will export 8 hours off in the .tsv file.

We have already checked individual user time zone settings in Outlook web app, their PC, powershell Exchange Online command to check mailbox time zone(also for Bookings Calendar email addresses), and the time zones are all set correctly.

We have also created new calendars and been able to reproduce this issue. However, we cannot reproduce the issue on any of our other Microsoft tenants.

10 Replies

Time Zone Issue in Bookings - Microsoft Community

This post was from 2019 regarding a similar time zone issue with Bookings and SMS text messages being sent in the wrong time zone. How are these timezone issues still occurring in 2022 you would think 3 years would be enough time to resolve a "known issue." The post from 2019 never received a resolution either even after they provided multiple screenshots and videos for MS support to review. It would be nice if Microsoft actually had a department that supported this application as their own support staff that you can speak with at 1-(800)-636-7914 have readily admitted to me that there is no escalation path for any issues with Bookings. An actual Bookings admin center would be nice as well so administrators can actually work on issues without having to interrupt their clients day to day business.  

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/time-zone-issue-in-bookings/25b5223e-2f41-4e1...

It looks like my original post here may have been removed so here is another one. As mentioned before this time zone issue seems to have been a problem with Bookings since 2019 and yet we are in 2022 and these problems have not been resolved. Please Microsoft can you provide us with an answer to why certain aspects of Bookings display the incorrect time zone still 3 years later.
https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-bookings/microsoft-bookings-showing-wrong-times-wit...

Here is another example of these time zone issues from December 2nd of this year. We have all checked the time zone settings this is not a valid answer at this point Microsoft! It would also be nice if there was an actual support team that we could reach out to for Bookings issues like every other application Microsoft offers and maybe just maybe you could provide administrators with an actual Bookings admin portal, so we don't have to constantly interrupt our end user's business hours fixing problems for Microsoft that are 3 years old.
I have several Bookings sites in O365.  ONE of them just started exporting what appears to be UTC times instead of Eastern Standard Times, everything is +5 hours.  9am appointments are now exporting at 1400 or 2pm..  My other sites are still working as intended.  I did change the Time Zone of the site.  Which does update the Bookings times, but did not change the Export times, for the old bookings or even the new booking I created.  I also attempted to change the Time Zone on the Resource mailboxes, this also did not change the export.   I'm at a loss.  All new exports, even on the older bookings dates are off by the 5 hours.

Obviously we can do the math on the times to have the exports be correct, but I would like to address the issue.  And I hope it doesn't happen to my other sites as well.

Thank you for your time,
I just discovered this issue within the past week - since we are being asked to move to the new version. Never had troubles with old version, but now no mater how far back in either version - the exported report appointment time data is wrong by 8 hours. Checked all the time zone setting options and nothing fixes it. I agree that someone should be working on this glitch asap. End of year and reports are being run for budget, etc. purposes. At this moment Bookings Reports are pretty worthless if data is all wrong.
Weirdly, we have 2 separate sites and only 1 is reporting incorrectly. The other is correct, but I can't see any difference in the set ups. Microsoft..... Please help!!!
Thanks for reporting this issue - we are actively investigating this and expect to have a fix rolled out soon.
Hello all,

I have been working with Microsoft premier support on this issue for some time now. As @davisjr said, the response I ultimately got from Microsoft was that this is a know issue and that they are currently working on a fix. There is no ETA on a solution, I will post here if I hear anything else.
Hi @davisjr. Do you have an ETA on when the fix will be rolled out?

@Nick_Fugaro We are experiencing the same issues. It was working well before December Break. The appointments on the calendar are correct but when exporting the time changes by 6 hours. 

We also see that Bookings is adding Time Slots where there is no availability. 

This issue only started occurring after Microsoft implemented the new UI for bookings. I would think that a new UI would provide better stability and functionality but apparently that is not the case.