SOLVED

End date to service

Copper Contributor

I'm using bookings to let clients book phone consults. The service is only available for one month so bookings can only be made until a sertain date.

Is it possible in bookings to set an end date on a specific service?

3 Replies
best response confirmed by Efraim Delies (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi Efraim,

Thanks for your question!

There isn't a direct option to do this, but I can recommend a workaround.

1. Go to your Bookings module in Office 365

2. Click on "Calendar" on the left column

3. Select "Time off" on the top ribbon

4. Select all the staff members (make sure they have a "check")

5. Select the Start/End dates for the time-off - I would recommend that you block the time after your last day of availability until either i) you have the service available again or ii) set a date far enough in the future that no one would look that far away

6. Save

7. Go to "Booking page"

8. Click on "Save and publish"

9. Click on "Open published page"

After those steps, when you go to your Bookings published page, you shouldn't be able to book any appointment during the "Time off" dates you specified.

Hope this helps!

Great solution - works perfectly.
It's strange that I have to see a 4-year old post to find the answer.

@Gabo Unfortunately this answer is six years old and so not only are the steps dated, but sadly there is still no easy solution for this critical need.

I tried doing as Gabo suggested, and it does help confine customers to the time frame I am available for the service, however, it does so by marking those whole blocks of time directly in my work Outlook calendar so that it makes me look as though I'm out of the office all those days! I'm only trying to restrict the time I am available for the particular Bookings service, not actually check out of work!

I am also involved in multiple Bookings calendars and services, which then means my availability for one service is skewed by the availability I set for a different service. (For instance, Service A is offered for one month, while Service B is offered for just three weeks, but it overlaps Service A. When I confine the booking dates for Service A, it allows too much time for booking for Service B. If I try to confine Service B's time, it will block out time that I could be available for Service A.)

Am I missing something?

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Efraim Delies (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi Efraim,

Thanks for your question!

There isn't a direct option to do this, but I can recommend a workaround.

1. Go to your Bookings module in Office 365

2. Click on "Calendar" on the left column

3. Select "Time off" on the top ribbon

4. Select all the staff members (make sure they have a "check")

5. Select the Start/End dates for the time-off - I would recommend that you block the time after your last day of availability until either i) you have the service available again or ii) set a date far enough in the future that no one would look that far away

6. Save

7. Go to "Booking page"

8. Click on "Save and publish"

9. Click on "Open published page"

After those steps, when you go to your Bookings published page, you shouldn't be able to book any appointment during the "Time off" dates you specified.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post