Disable the staff selection option -Anyone-

Copper Contributor

Hi

anyone knows if there's a possibility in Microsoft Bookings to make the option to select staff mandatory and|or disable the option to select anyone?

Johanna_Krijnsen_0-1587032083708.png

I want to avoid that costumers make an appointment with all staff that's available at a certain point. This is what happens when you don't select a certain staff member but leave the option to -Anyone-.

The system creates multiple appointments with all staff available during the selected time slot.

Thanks for your help

Kind regards

-Jo 

18 Replies
Disable (unclick) the "allow customers to choose a specific person for the booking" in the "Service Details"/Setup page.

@GMSHP Thanks Gladys but that's not what I am looking for. I want to give my students the option or even better make it mandatory to select a specific person at the same time I want to disable the option that they can select -Anyone- [at the top of the selection pane] 

If the student doesn't select a particular staff member and leaves the option to -Anyone- the system creates an appointment with ALL available staff for that particular time slot i.e. creates double bookings.

@Johanna_KrijnsenHi Johanna. Have you been able to find a way to do this? I'm having the same issue. Thanks.

@Johanna_Krijnsen Any luck with this, I too want to remove the 'anyone' option.

Hope someone clever has found the solution.

@OTHCGuidance , @Johanna_Krijnsen , @Jason-OAT  - I would contact support. The "Anyone" option should not book every staff member, it should result in Bookings randomly picking one available staff member and assigning it. When I try this in our tenant (with assigned and unassigned staff), it works as designed and schedules just one staff member for the appointment.

Removing the Anyone option to force the customer to choose an individual is probably something you want to vote on on UserVoice. I found two posts requesting this ...

https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/314907-microsoft-bookings/suggestions/32239672-make-select-staf...

https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/314907-microsoft-bookings/suggestions/31386568-disable-ability-...

To remove the "Select Staff (Optional)" prompt from your booking page, you need to do 2 things:
1. Disable (unclick) "Use the default online scheduling policy".
2. Disable (unclick) "Allow customers to choose a particular staff for booking"

@Jason-OAT any luck with this removing anyone from staff in bookings?

A work-around would be to provide this list of agents on a separate webpage; and have each agent assigned a service/link on the MS Bookings.

@Johanna_Krijnsen I have figured it out!  Someone previously mentioned something but they didnt fully explain.  

1.  For each "Service" make sure that the "Scheduling Policy" is turned ON to use the default policy.  

2.  Under the Booking Page "Default Scheduling Policy", make sure that the "Staff Control" option is UNCHECKED.  

This should resolve your issue!  But if I am assuming correctly, this will assign a booking to ALL the staff that has that particular service assigned.  So if you want each individual to have their own booking site, you will need to create a service and assign the user/staff member(s) to it that you want to be booked.  

I dont think this is a great option/service if you are looking at larger teams but for one or two people, this would work fine i'm sure.  

hope this helps!

Thanks, @NathanWatts this is the correct explanation

@NathanWatts, thx for your suggestion.
I just tried it an it only worked for me if I have one service.
As soon as I add a second service, the "SELECT STAFF (OPTIONAL)" shows up again initially.
Can you reproduce this behavior? Is there an additional thing to do besides the two steps you mentioned? Thx a lot!

@ticotico Nothing worked for me :sad:

We are 15 people in an office, I need to make the choice of 1 employee MANDATORY 

Can anyone help ? Thanks

I also have this question. How do we turn off the "Anyone" available option so that the client has to choose from a specific staff member. @MHFaure 

@AmandaM2215 any luck with this. We are also wanting to disable the ability to select anyone. We are doing this for parent conferences where we need the parents to select a specific teacher. By selecting anyone it randomly assigns the booking to a specific teacher which causes a headache for other staff for whom the booking is not intended.

@SamHarris91 @AmandaM2215 @MHFaure @ticotico 

Hi all, 

I am an independent advisor responding to Bookings questions.

The disabling the "ANYONE" Staff member option is still on users' wish list.  Here is the link to Microsoft feedback hub.  You can vote on existing requests or create a new one.

If you find this information helpful please mark it as the best answer or like it which will assist others. 

/Teresa 

#traccreatins4e 

@Teresa_Cyrus thx a lot!

This is the relevant one...just upvoted an commented.

@Teresa_Cyrus  so was this ever resolved and we can remove it now?

Hi @JBURKE1 

thread is resolved, the answer was already given in April 2022 by @NathanWatts 

Kind regards

-Jo