Cloning a Calendar -

Copper Contributor

I am running into an issue when cloning calendars. I have 74 services that I offer in 20 cities. When I clone the calendar for another city, the 74 services are not copying. Once it was 33, another time it was 66 and another 15. Is this a bug? Is there a fix?

1 Reply

Hi @Kellyhaynes,

I am an independent advisor looking into this question.

I have been watching this unanswered post for the last month. I didn't want you to feel that you were ignored. Based on my findings, it appears during the cloning process, it timed out. See the details below. I also posted the link to the original source. 

1. Planning for scale 

Each Bookings calendar is currently designed to handle a maximum of 2,500 bookings across all services in that calendar per day, along with a creation limit of 10 booking requests per second, this will work for common scenarios.

If your requirements exceed this, you should plan to distribute the load using the steps below.

• Create a Bookings calendar with just one service.
  • Clone this calendar to multiple calendars.
  • You can opt-in to the Bookings preview to use a clone option and optout of the preview anytime you want to.
  • Limit each calendar for specific audiences, like:
        By buildings or operating group
        By booking period (mornings only vs afternoons)
  • Dividing the load across different Bookings calendars will help ensure none of them will reach the 2,500 limit.

I noticed that you added it to the feedback portal, and I voted.

If you find this information helpful, please mark it as the best response or like it, which will help others with the same question. 

/Teresa

#traccreations4e