Calendar entries are not showing booking person if not signed in with company email.

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I have an annoying issue: I use bookings to setup meetings with my students in the university. The university uses SSO (yes we are so progressive). Now the thing is if a student fills in an appointment from the booking page with name, email, etc as text fields the created calendar entry is still useless and only tells me it is a "Multi Customer booking". 

Michael_Behrisch_0-1631602157148.png

There is actually also in the details no option to check who made the "Project Meeting" appointment. 
Could the dev team maybe just use all the filled-in fields and copy them into the calendar comments?? Better would be to have them/the name in the calendar entry title. 

Thank you!

Michael

6 Replies

Nobody?? Anything? Not even a small word from one of the developers that this is a known or unknown issue??

@Michael_Behrischmy guess is you're viewing this from your own personal Outlook calendar and not from the MS Bookings Calendar view?

In all of my instances I can clearly see the details of the created appointments in the MS Bookings calendar view, only NOT from the Outlook calendar of the booked person.

Also, I don't think developers are actually monitoring this forum.

I see this problem for every appointment I make. No details in the appointment subject except the generic name of the appointment, no details in the appointment message, no details in the Bookings calendar in Teams either. The only way I can see details (particularly the custom fields) is to go into the Bookings calendar on the web, export to CSV, open in Excel, search for the appointment. This is pretty crazy.

@Michael_Behrisch 

@LowellP 

Hi - We finally found a solution that worked for us. I'm adding it here in case any future perplexed people stumble on this thread (like I did) in their research.

1. For us, it turned out the issue was that the service was set up as a multi-attendee booking. If you create the service as a single-attendee (maximum of 1 attendee) instead, then the details of the booking DO show up in Outlook.

2. Curveball: Once you set up the service in Bookings as a multi-attendee service, you can't change the number back to anything less than 2 attendees. Solution: On the services tab, click on the copy icon and for this copy, you can change to 1 attendee. Then delete your multi-attendee service.

Unfortunately, this doesn't help with bookings that you really need multiple attendees for, but hopefully, it will help some people who end up on this page...

Cheers, Leanne 

Wow, this could really help, thanks, Leanne! The thing is, even though my services are set up as multi-attendee bookings, the booking form does not allow for adding attendees when a user is initially making an appointment. So it's kind of useless that way anyway. Other services have a field to add additional attendees to invite.
Maybe if we change services to single-attendee we can't even add more people in the background after the booking has been made. But that's not really a big deal. Due to the way Bookings doesn't show a multi-attendee field anyway, I just tell people to forward the Outlook appointment to whomever else they want to invite. It's hokey, so maybe MS will improve this down the road.
I'm going to test this and see if it also shows the "Provide Additional Information" field now in the Outlook appointment.
@rainbowl You saved Bookings for me. Thanks so much! Why isn't this made obvious in Bookings, or in MS documentation? So odd. I tested and now the additional information (i.e. custom field I have, "What would you like to meet about?") shows up in the Outlook appointment as well as the customer name.