British Summer Time issue with Bookings

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I can see this has been mentioned previously, but wonder if anyone can help as my specific problem doesn't seem to have been mentioned.

I'm in the UK and trying to use Bookings to allow people to self select sessions using a facility in a University. We have AM and PM slots of 3 hours, which start at 9:30am or 13:30pm. We've used the staff availability option in bookings for our functional email account associated with this facility in order to manage time slots people can book. However, daylight savings knocks this out by an hour and as we approach British Summer Time this is causing real issues.

What happens is if a colleague searches the calendar to book on for a session, they get available options for 9:30 or 13:30. However, after 31st of March when BST kicks in and the calendar in Bookings jumps forward an hour Bookings displays all options as an hour later, so 10:30 or 14:30. So, to be really clear, we set availability in Bookings, but this displays an hour out during BST also in Bookings. 

This messes up the hours for the facility and causing multiple clashes in the diary with other events scheduled directly through Outlook. Does anyone have a solution or perhaps a feature in Outlook I'm missing to get this working correctly?

Thanks,

Calum

1 Reply

Just thought I'd share the solution our admin found (mistake I was making) in case anyone else has a similar issue. We had the time in region settings set to UTC rather than London GMT. Seems obvious, but I was changing time / region settings relating to the outlook calendar attached

@CalumThomson wrote:

Hi,

I can see this has been mentioned previously, but wonder if anyone can help as my specific problem doesn't seem to have been mentioned.

I'm in the UK and trying to use Bookings to allow people to self select sessions using a facility in a University. We have AM and PM slots of 3 hours, which start at 9:30am or 13:30pm. We've used the staff availability option in bookings for our functional email account associated with this facility in order to manage time slots people can book. However, daylight savings knocks this out by an hour and as we approach British Summer Time this is causing real issues.

What happens is if a colleague searches the calendar to book on for a session, they get available options for 9:30 or 13:30. However, after 31st of March when BST kicks in and the calendar in Bookings jumps forward an hour Bookings displays all options as an hour later, so 10:30 or 14:30. So, to be really clear, we set availability in Bookings, but this displays an hour out during BST also in Bookings. 

This messes up the hours for the facility and causing multiple clashes in the diary with other events scheduled directly through Outlook. Does anyone have a solution or perhaps a feature in Outlook I'm missing to get this working correctly?

Thanks,

Calum

All fixed now. 

Calum