Bookings Shows HTML Encoded Strings When Viewed in Outlook

Occasional Contributor

Please redirect me to the correct area to report this issue if needed.

This issue started recently. Bookings appointments can be viewed with Outlook Calendars. The "Customer Notes" sections usually shows in the appointments as "Internal Notes" in Outlook.

Lately these notes have been coming through has HTML encoded strings. Even if a customer enters no information. I believe something on the back end may have been updated incorrectly. See below.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Are there any fixes available?


8 Replies

@JustinG Did you ever find a solution to this issue? I've got the same thing now and as best I can tell it is a corruption of the old bookings after starting to enter bookings using the new view. I really need to recover the lost notes.

Sadly no. The issue still persists only at random. I have not been able to find any rhyme or reason. Things seems to have been getting worse over the course of the last 6 months as well with Bookings in general. We've had to remove and re-add users to calendars because their accounts randomly glitch and don't let them see the calendar, we've had to rebuild glitched appointments and more.

Support seems non-existent :(

@JustinG Thanks for letting me know. I have a support conversation ongoing with Microsoft on this at the moment. Our CSP has been able to replicate the issue on their demo tenant, so I am using this thread and that replication as evidence that this is a wider issue. I'm hoping to get this through to the product group for comment ASAP. Will reply here with my progress.

Thank you so much for pursuing this! Looking forward to hearing back and hopefully seeing resolution. Looking at existing appointments, I would say over half of them are experiencing this issue now. If you need further examples, please reach out.
Just and update, I've just got my case through to the Product Group at Microsoft who are the best MS team for the job. They typically take a while to come back to things as they sit outside of the standard support model, but I'm getting increasingly hopeful that in the next week or so we will get acknowledgement of the issue with a time line for a patch. Not sure we will get a way to recover lost data but will push for this if possible.
Great news! You've made it much farther than I did. Thanks for working this so hard.
Hey Justin,

Please see the below I have just gotten back from the Product Group on this issue:

"Got an update from engineering team: This is a known issue. This issue has been resolved so that it does not occur in future however for old affected notes, those would have to re-written. In case of something important in the notes that is needed, any 3rd party tool to convert html to text can be used to translate the HTML to text again.

For example, you may try:"

I hope this helps!
High Energy! Thanks for the update. Glad to hear it's been resolved.