Bookings Shows HTML Encoded Strings When Viewed in Outlook

Copper Contributor

Please redirect me to the correct area to report this issue if needed.

This issue started recently. Bookings appointments can be viewed with Outlook Calendars. The "Customer Notes" sections usually shows in the appointments as "Internal Notes" in Outlook.

Lately these notes have been coming through has HTML encoded strings. Even if a customer enters no information. I believe something on the back end may have been updated incorrectly. See below.

JustinG_0-1635178853354.png
Has anyone else experienced this issue? Are there any fixes available?

25 Replies

@JustinG Did you ever find a solution to this issue? I've got the same thing now and as best I can tell it is a corruption of the old bookings after starting to enter bookings using the new view. I really need to recover the lost notes.

Sadly no. The issue still persists only at random. I have not been able to find any rhyme or reason. Things seems to have been getting worse over the course of the last 6 months as well with Bookings in general. We've had to remove and re-add users to calendars because their accounts randomly glitch and don't let them see the calendar, we've had to rebuild glitched appointments and more.

Support seems non-existent :(

@JustinG Thanks for letting me know. I have a support conversation ongoing with Microsoft on this at the moment. Our CSP has been able to replicate the issue on their demo tenant, so I am using this thread and that replication as evidence that this is a wider issue. I'm hoping to get this through to the product group for comment ASAP. Will reply here with my progress.

Thank you so much for pursuing this! Looking forward to hearing back and hopefully seeing resolution. Looking at existing appointments, I would say over half of them are experiencing this issue now. If you need further examples, please reach out.
Just and update, I've just got my case through to the Product Group at Microsoft who are the best MS team for the job. They typically take a while to come back to things as they sit outside of the standard support model, but I'm getting increasingly hopeful that in the next week or so we will get acknowledgement of the issue with a time line for a patch. Not sure we will get a way to recover lost data but will push for this if possible.
Great news! You've made it much farther than I did. Thanks for working this so hard.
Hey Justin,

Please see the below I have just gotten back from the Product Group on this issue:

"Got an update from engineering team: This is a known issue. This issue has been resolved so that it does not occur in future however for old affected notes, those would have to re-written. In case of something important in the notes that is needed, any 3rd party tool to convert html to text can be used to translate the HTML to text again.

For example, you may try: https://www.textfixer.com/html/html-to-text.php"

I hope this helps!
High Energy! Thanks for the update. Glad to hear it's been resolved.
Hi. Don't suppose anyone actually found a resolution to this problem or we're still at a known issue that hasn't been resolved? Thanks!

Issue: HTML showing in Outlook (old and new) when receiving a Booking.

Booking Info
--------------------
Service name: Initial consult

Internal Notes
-----------------------
This is where you can add notes about this service that only you and your staff see.<p hidden>TeamsMeetingSeparator.02f35a5e-f8c6-4de6-b5b2-e4da695dfcf1</p><br><br><div style="width:100%;">
<span style="white-space:nowrap;color:#5F5F5F;opacity:.36;">________________________________________________________________________________</span>
</div>

<div class="me-email-text" style="color:#252424;font-family:'Segoe UI','Helvetica Neue',Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif;" lang="en-US">
<div style="margin-top: 24px; margin-bottom: 20px;">
<span style="font-size: 24px; color:#252424">Microsoft Teams meeting</span>
</div>
<div style="margin-bottom: 20px;">
<div style="margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; font-weight: bold">
<span style="font-size: 14px; color:#252424">Join on your computer, mobile app or room device</span>
</div>

@HalcyonSF 

The issue seems to have been resolved for us. I just looked at a few appointments and don't see any with the issue currently. is the issue consistent for you or random (it was random for me)?

It's consistent with multiple users, unfortunately. Will get Microsoft engaged and hopefully it's something that has been resolved since 2021/2022, ha.

@HalcyonSF  As of yesterday we started seeing HTML in our notes, clients getting booked to the same time slot (double booked) and no names in the outlook  title.  Something is going on. Keep us updated on the solution!

Please mention me when this issue gets resolved

@Ganesh_Ravikumar The issue has been going on for more than a week now.  It has been very frustrating that MS never says things about issues and how they resolve them.  They deployed new codes and they screwed things up and they reverted them.

I am the OP and the issue still seems resolved for us, but I have asked our receptionist to be on the lookout to see if it happens again. Are you all on the "new bookings" or are you still running classic?
Hi Justin - the issue still persists as I just did a few test bookings. I've been on the "new " template. I just switched to "Classic" but the issue is still there. Please help!
Also I see same kind of issue. In the .ics file the raw html code is displayed for links to e.g. Teams sessions and other
We're seeing the same behavior as well, very disruptive.
I'm still working with Microsoft on a resolution, but it's been a bit slow. Hopefully some kind of fix within the week.