Bookings sending emails to the wrong people? Confirmation emails are going to the wrong person

Copper Contributor

Hi, 

We have started to notice that when people book into some of the sessions we have created, the confirmation email is going to the wrong person or just sending to random people in the business. 

Usually it goes to the creator of the booking page, but sometimes it doesn't. And most recently it is notifying others in the business that people are booking the session. Even though they have not been added into the booking as an admin or owner. 

Has anyone else experienced something like this? 

Thank you,

Henry

9 Replies

@Dynamicshs This was just brought to my attention today, and the info on the forwarded message (that I was sent from the person who got the notice incorrectly) is weird too.

The appointment only shows the provider and the client, but in the info I was sent there is a Cc listed as the email who was not supposed o get this message, but I see NO CC on the appointment.

Also odd is the Guest who was Cc'd is listed as the creator, and we have it set that only our staff can create appointments, this has to be a glitch but it's a HIPAA issue so it's critical.

Hi @ccsadmin22 , 

Is there anything we can do on our end ? or anyone we can contact to showcase what's going wrong and actions some steps to see where the problem may lie?

Thank you,

Henry

@Dynamicshs my guess is this is new, I have been working with Bookings since March and have run countless tests, today is the first time I was told this happened, and so far I only know of one.  I replied to you as you posted yesterday, so this seems like a new bug/glitch but if Microsoft is going to tout being a Telehealth provider they need to address this ASAP and fix it, if not we cannot use it as we cannot have PHI going to random people. 

I'm actually shocked it happened, Microsoft is one of the big 3 tech companies so to have a lapse in security is very sad.

But with that said, who are you going to call?  Microsoft doesn't even support their products any more and can't get anyone to help in any other issues.  I had to hire a consulting firm for $5,000 just to get some help setting up Bookings so I understood it all to make sure THIS kind of thing wouldn't happen, yet here we are now.

Hi @ccadmin22,

Yes it's quite frustration. Even when we turn off all notifications it still happens.

That's typical of Microsoft, making thing hard of users, providing minimal information and making people spend more money to outsource help.

I'm unsure, you'd think they would have Microsoft employee's managing this forum like they do for the power platform ones.
Are you able to reproduce it? Because I cannot, and in fact I'm not 100% it wasn't on Google's end. The client we had an appointment for uses Gmail, and the forwarded message seems to be from Google Calendar so I wonder if they have some sort of autoforward setup? I have not been able to get it to do it however, I keep setting up test appointments using my Gmail account from the work Bookings, and it's all working as it should.

If you are duplicating it, care to share how then I can test it more?

@ccsadmin22 et al

I know for certain it isn't Google. 

I'm having the same trouble, and we (creators) and they (customers) are all using state agency email addresses, though we're all at different agencies. I am the only creator of the page, and there is only one other admin who is at my agency. However, as bookings occur emails are going to random people at my organization, and some are confirming! I'm really not sure what to do. Given that I've invited a couple hundred people through this booking, I can't change midstream. Neither can I warn all of the people at my agency that they may or may not receive an invitation from me they should ignore, because most of the invites from me they should not ignore. I'm very annoyed. 

@Dynamicshs 

I have the same problem. anyone know if this has been resolved ?

Hi @Annie1335 

I would contact Microsoft Support Team ASAP!  They will record the call to capture the issue and share it with the product engineers. You have a better chance with the agents to get a solution or fix than posting your information in this forum since this is an old post.

If you get a response, please update this thread to assist others with the same question. Please like or mark this post as the best response. 

/Teresa
#traccreations4e

Hi Thanks for bringing this up here in this discussion. Yes, we too experienced it today. Microsoft bookings silently sent automated mails to people in contact list as if sent by us. Not sure who authorized microsoft to go to an extent of impersonating someone's authorized company email ID to send mails.

It was very shocking to see Microsoft slowly, irresponsibly indulging in such absurd and cheap practices. How can a application send emails by itself to random people from the contact list. It is breach of trust and violation of all norms, nothing less than unethical trade practice with no care for customer or customer privacy and their data.

Using Microsoft technologies for decades but today sure worried about the choice of using Microsoft products particularly its cloud products with such violations. Hope Microsoft listens this and acts before losing its customer base.