Bookings calendar into Wordpress website

Copper Contributor

Hi.

I have created a bookings page and I want to be able to show the calendar on our website which is done on Wordpress, how would I achieve this please?

Adam

4 Replies
Following looking for same info
I found the answer. Here is the link on how to do it. https://wordpress.org/plugins/booking/

@KrisDean Thanks for this, but I can't see how you link this to a MS Bookings calendar. It seems to be a separate booking form and calendar you use within the WP plugin.

@adamwelch 

To display a calendar on your WordPress website for your bookings page, you have a few options:

1. Use a WordPress Plugin: There are several plugins available in the WordPress repository that allow you to add calendars to your site. Some popular options include:

• The Events Calendar by Modern Tribe
    • All-in-One Event Calendar by Time.ly
    • WP Simple Booking Calendar

These plugins usually come with customizable options and features that allow you to showcase events or bookings on your website's calendar.

2. Embed an External Calendar: If you're using a third-party service for managing bookings (such as Google Calendar or a specialized booking system), you can embed the calendar into your WordPress page or post using HTML or shortcode provided by the service. For example, with Google Calendar, you can obtain an embed code and paste it into your WordPress editor in the Text mode.

3. Custom Development: If you have specific requirements or prefer a custom solution, you can develop a custom calendar integration for your WordPress site. This might involve creating a custom plugin or theme template that fetches and displays booking data from your booking system or database.

4. WordPress Blocks: With the introduction of the Gutenberg editor, you can also use blocks to embed content, including calendars, into your pages or posts. Some plugins provide blocks specifically designed for displaying calendars.

Choose the option that best fits your needs, considering factors such as customization requirements, ease of use, and compatibility with your existing setup.